- Runs the full Notepad++ text and source editor.
- Completely portable - runs off a USB, cloud drive (DropBox, iCloud drive, OneDrive, etc) or hard drive.
- No need for any external software - simply download extract and run!
- Packaged in PortableApps.com format for easy integration.
- Associations are supported and easily customizable.
For a list of all supported filetypes, open AppInfo.ini and review the [Associations]Filetypes key.
- Adding a lot of extensions can and will effect launch time.
- Windows XP tends to cache icon resources which are inevitably visible even after exiting Notepad++.
- Windows 8 can be problematic and may require unlocking for some filetypes—i.e. when double-clicking on a supported file format and Windows asks you to select Notepad++ from a list. This is because Windows 8 has an implementation of a hash ID for associations.
- Do not associate through Notepad++! This will leave trash in the registry when you exit the program.
- SendTo is also available for any filetypes that aren't associated but are supported for use with Notepad++.
- Optional Fonts folder to support fonts within the directory ..\Data\Fonts.
Any fonts added in this folder will be added to the system and are available for usage during runtime. Be aware, the more fonts to process the longer it will take for the launcher to load and unload these fonts.
Visit the GitHub Project page.
Download the current release which is Notepad++Portable v7.5.1-Rev.2 at the GitHub Project Releases page.