- Runs the full 7-Zip file/archive manager.
- Completely portable - runs off a USB, cloud drive (DropBox, iCloud drive, OneDrive, etc) or hard drive.
- No need for any external software - simply download extract and run!
- Packaged in PortableApps.com format for easy integration.
- Associations are supported and easily customizable.
- Adding a lot of extensions can and will effect launch time.
- Windows XP tends to cache icon resources which are inevitably visible even after exiting 7-Zip.
- Windows 8 can be problematic and may require unlocking for some filetypes—i.e. when double-clicking on a supported file format and Windows asks you to select 7-Zip from a list. This is because Windows 8 has an implementation of a hash ID for associations.
- Do not associate through 7-Zip! This will leave trash in the registry when you exit the program.
- SendTo is also available for any filetypes that aren't associated but are supported for use with 7-Zip.
- Added ability to use shell extension/context menu features. See user configuration file to enable. Do not enable this feature through 7-Zip!
- AdditionalParameters: Pass additional command-line switches.
- ShellExtension: (true, false, auto) Enable/disable Shell Extension/Context Menu features. Requires administrative rights.
- RunLocally: (true/false) Application is copied to and executed from %TEMP% directory.
- USBDevice: (true/false) Enable to prevent ejection/unplugging problems with removable devices. When ShellExtension is enabled, Windows Explorer tends to lock application's DLL(s). If enabled, the launcher will ensure DLL(s) are unlocked.
- Associations: (true/false) Turn on/off support for file associations during runtime.
- Banner: (true/false) Enable/disable initialization banner.
Download the current release which is Revision 3 at the GitHub Project Releases page.