"Color Bookmarker" App?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Marc

"Color Bookmarker" App?

#1 Post by Marc »

Among other things I have been collecting colors for web design use. The problem: it isn't practical to save them in a text file and view each color for example in Gimp or a color picker. Does it exist a "color bookmark" application such that it maybe could display all the colors in small squares and indicate their values in rgba and hex. Maybe even support stuff like sorting by lighter to darker, date added/saved, etc etc.

appsuser

Re: "Color Bookmarker" App?

#2 Post by appsuser »

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

This is one place where I've been amazed by the number and variety of Windows freeware options.

First check out Color Warlock, which has an amazing and fantastic color view system. Easily my favorite in this area. Color Archiver is meanwhile pointed directly at web developers and for getting lots of colors from a given image, try Color Quantizer. Finally, if you're a GIMP user, you might want to look at this pallate tool.

---

Related thread: Apps that suggest colors https://www.portablefreeware.com/forums ... =2&t=23434

FileHandler

#4 Post by FileHandler »

SE-ColorMaker: http://se-soft.com/lang/en/
ColorMania - only 6 slots per palette, but you can keep an unlimited # of palettes, ofc:
http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/colormania.html

Marc

#5 Post by Marc »

Thank you Appsuser. Well those links don't allow to use custom colors, but on the other hand is the same idea of arranging colors in squares with their codes.

@webfork Thanks for the suggestions. Color Warlock has many features and is my second pick, that said I would prefer a different interface. For example without the text in the middle of the sampled color and even preferably in smaller squares..

@FileHandler Thank you! So far SE-ColorMaker is my favourite! I'm a bit lost however in the steps to create a new palette and saving/loading it (Update I got it). Maybe the "existing palettes" tab could be merged with "Current Palette" tab.. In other words, in "existing palettes" there's a dropdown list where you can select a palette, so why not making it the current one? Mmm and how can hex values and rgba quickly copied... Maybe I shoud email the developer.
I even made a draw... (I have o digitalize it)
Edit:
2222.PNG

FileHandler

#6 Post by FileHandler »

SE ColorMaker really needs to improve its GUI and options to customize. Good idea to contact the developer. I've also done that years ago.
Warlock is a close runner-up for me too, but you cannot save colors on the fly, you must set up pre-defined color charts as a separate task beforehand, which is not practical at all.
I am still hoping for the one app that has it all, a fluid workflow and enough options to customize the looks.

Always worth checking = code editors. They often include some kind of color management, at the very least they auto-recognize #Hexcodes, underline them with their corresponding color, allow for easy swapping with another archived color etc... But all these features remain stuck inside the editor. It takes tedious copy&paste actions to get them out.

The screenshot shows SynWrite version 6.18 with the optional colors dropdown on the main menu bar. The author added it on my request, but that was many years ago - not sure if he kept it up. The dropdown shows colors recently used and you can save them out as lists. To add colors manually you right-click their #hexcode in the code.
2017-08-22_10_01.jpg
2017-08-22_10_01.jpg (37.44 KiB) Viewed 17422 times