It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
 Post subject: Re: DropIt
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:21 pm 

@ProphetSe7en
Ok. Having thought about a solution again, I came up with a FULLY WORKING configuration to get exactly what you describe:
ProphetSe7en wrote:
I want to move folders containing .mkv to a different folder.

ProphetSe7en wrote:
What i don`t want is to move folders that has rar archive inside. The problem is that these folders usually contains a "nameofthemoviesample.mkv that triggers my move folder filter.

It is basically easy and obious, but simply didn't came to my mind: Configure your associations like:
Code:
[Ignore with RAR]
State=Enabled
Rules=**
Action=$2
Destination=-
Filters=0>KB|0>D|0>D|0>D|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=off|1=*.rar|0<
FavouriteAssociation=True

[Move]
State=Enabled
Rules=**
Action=$0
Destination=<<YOUR DESTINATION>>
Filters=0>KB|0>D|0>D|0>D|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=off|1=*.mkv|0<

You have two associations. One is ignoring the folders including *.rar files. This association is marked as favourite, so it gets executed ALWAYS before the other association.

The second association does the move then.

Tested and worked like a charm! Hope this helps.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:06 am 

Hi,

I just started using Dropit in the last week and am very impressed with its capability.

I had a question with regards to on of the new features implemented in V8.3:

Objective: I have multiple PDF files (Invoices / Statements) in a folder. I am trying to get Dropit to rename them and them to to different folder. For the rename, I am trying to extract a date within the file which is in this format: "Issue date: 25 Apr 17" to 2017-04-25. i.e. I am trying to get Dropit to automatically rename the file to "2017-04-25 - Optus Bill".

Current Config: I am using the following under the New Name field: C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\Temp\%FirstFileContentDate% - Optus Bill.%FileExt%

Result: When I run Dropit, It does move and rename the file, however it renames the file to "Apr 17 - Optus Bill".

Other Notes:
- I also tried to use the %FirstFileContentDateNormalized% abbreviation, however that just renames the file as "Unknown FirstFileContentDateNormalized - Optus Bill"
- I also tried to use "C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\Temp\%FileContentMatch1% = ["Issue Date:"] - Optus Bill.%FileExt%" in the file name (And different combinations of the same), however that kept giving me an error.

Could you please help with the correct syntax that I should be using to extract the date in yyyy-mm-dd format from a PDF file containing the string "Issue date: 25 Apr 17".

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 am 

Hi KPac,

welcome to the community!
KPac wrote:
For the rename, I am trying to extract a date within the file which is in this format: "Issue date: 25 Apr 17" to 2017-04-25. i.e. I am trying to get Dropit to automatically rename the file to "2017-04-25 - Optus Bill".

That's exactly what the function should provide (except the named format, which can be achieved by using modifiers), BUT read on...

KPac wrote:
Current Config: I am using the following under the New Name field: C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\Temp\%FirstFileContentDate% - Optus Bill.%FileExt%
Result: When I run Dropit, It does move and rename the file, however it renames the file to "Apr 17 - Optus Bill".

Here we see the first issue. The provided date format is currently not configured. Supported formats are:

3-10-2011
    2011-10-3
    3. Oct 11
    3. Oct 2011
    Oct 11
    Oct 2011
    Oct 3, 11
    Oct 3, 2011

The red date format is the one, which DropIt found. So the day part is missing (as there is no dot after the day).

I was expecting that not all necessary date formats will be available, but not soooo soon :roll: Anyway: At the moment I am fixing that by making it configurable in the settings.ini. This shall be available in the next release (I think in a few weeks). At the moment there is no way round.

For your example it means, that it "understands" the date only without the day, at the moment...
KPac wrote:
I also tried to use the %FirstFileContentDateNormalized% abbreviation, however that just renames the file as "Unknown FirstFileContentDateNormalized - Optus Bill"

This is a second issue. I just checked it in the code. It happens only, if the found date does not include a day, which is the case for your example...
KPac wrote:
I also tried to use "C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\Temp\%FileContentMatch1% = ["Issue Date:"] - Optus Bill.%FileExt%" in the file name (And different combinations of the same), however that kept giving me an error.

Well, that should basically work. Try the following:
Code:
[rename]
State=Enabled
Rules=*
Action=$7
Destination=20%FileContentMatch3%-%FileContentMatch2#r(Jan,01)#r(Feb,02)#r(Mar,03)#r(Apr,04)#r(May,05)#r(Jun,06)#r(Jul,07)#r(Aug,08)#r(Sep,09)#r(Oct,10)#r(Nov,11)#r(Dec,12)%-%FileContentMatch1% - Optus Bill.%FileExt%
Filters=0>KB|0>D|0>D|0>D|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=off|0=|1~Issue date: (\d{1,2}) ([A-Za-z]{3}) (\d{2})

Of course this is not a nice solution, but works :D

Best regards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 am 

How do I get DropIt to move files or folders to a location without deleting previous contents?

I'm trying to move files from Dropbox to my Plex Media Server library. I decided to move my SpecOps audiobook, in the /Craig Alanson/ExForce 2-SpecOps folder. DropIt successfully moved the "Craig Alanson" folder and its contents to where I wanted; BUT there already was a "Craig Alanson" folder at the destination, so DropIt deleted the "ExForce 1-Columbus Day" folder that was originally in there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:41 pm 

Hi chyron8472,

thanks for your message. I was able to reproduce this fault behaviour and I add it to the bugs section at sourceforge.

Anyway: To come over this issue you could configure a Copy action instead of the Move action. This will then add the SpecOps folder beneath the Columbus Day. This should be ok so far, except that the source is not automatically removed...

Best regards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 am 

I needed to create a gallery with SVG files but DropIt perceived them as files, so all I got was download links instead images. I could trick DropIt by renaming the SVGs to PNGs, run the gallery action, then copy back SVGs to the "photos" and "thumbs" dirs. Finally edit index.html and replace ".png" with ".svg". Just in case someone needs this.

Last edited by tproli on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:01 am 

Greetings and thank you for such a great app.
Maybe a silly question but how do I delete a folder and all its content below i.e. subfolders and files? For example, I would like to create a rule if a folder has the word trash in its name remove the entire folder and its content.
I was able to create a rule but it will only delete the folder if there are only files within - it will not work if the folder has also subfolders.

Code:
Rules: **trash**
Action: Delete

Appreciate the help and keep up the good work.
A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am 

I need to apply drop it by moving files faster than 1Hz (attempting 2Hz). Is there any way to modify the program so that it will be able to meet this requirement. Every time that I try to change the time interval to .5 s it tells me that I need to input an integer number. I need a way to bypass this requirement.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 pm 

@tproli:

Thanks for this information. I added it as feature request.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm 

@adrianvas12

Sorry for the late answer. I somehow did not receive the info about a new post...

Anyway, regarding your question: For me this works fine with your setting. Could you probably post your settings.ini and profile .ini?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:21 pm 

@agome049

Basically we are working on a event based mechanism to process file. This shall be available in a 9.x version. As my time is very limited at the moment, I can not tell you, when it will be available.

You may have a look at closing the feature request https://sourceforge.net/p/dropit/feature-requests/12/, which asks for the same functionality.

Post subject: %FileContentMatch1%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm 

Hi,
I just installed DropIt and I love it. DropIt is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any documentation for the %FileContentMatch1% parameter? I don't understand how it works.
Thanks
Bernd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94