It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Database bug
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am
Posts: 253
Location: Norway
Whats going on with latest entries in database?
Not working properly anymore!

I always had my settings on latest entries and got first one ok, but below it's just a mess of entries as not updated !!

_________________
<<---It have to be STEALTH !!!--->>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 am
Posts: 343
Wolfghost wrote:
... but below it's just a mess of entries as not updated !!

@Wolfghost
Not quite sure what you mean by the above quote; perhaps an illustrative attachment would better convey your specific issue ?

Anyway, on rare occasions, TPFC does catch a fleeting hiccup which might choke some page display,
but usually, hitting the Latest button (home-page bottom) brings everything back in order again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 251
I saw the same mess but it's been OK again for several hours now.
Entries were displayed without any obvious logical order, clicking "latest entries" (or anything else) didn't work.

_________________
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
-- Samuel Beckett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am
Posts: 253
Location: Norway
Emka wrote:
I saw the same mess but it's been OK again for several hours now.
Entries were displayed without any obvious logical order, clicking "latest entries" (or anything else) didn't work.



Thanks u saw the same issue, yes seems to be up and go again now :wink:

_________________
<<---It have to be STEALTH !!!--->>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Posts: 7117
Location: US, Texas
__philippe wrote:
Wolfghost wrote:
... but below it's just a mess of entries as not updated !!

@Wolfghost
Not quite sure what you mean by the above quote; perhaps an illustrative attachment would better convey your specific issue ?

He's not imagining things: we were having issues but It should be okay now.

_________________
Supporting Net Neutrality - BattleForTheNet | Why this matters | More from EFF.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am
Posts: 253
Location: Norway
webfork wrote:
He's not imagining things: we were having issues but It should be okay now.

I really hope I do not ......................... yet :mrgreen:

btw are the some limit on size or image type for attachment ?
I tried hard to attach a png file, but get only a message about invalide image !!

_________________
<<---It have to be STEALTH !!!--->>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 2147
Wolfghost wrote:
Whats going on with latest entries in database?
Not working properly anymore!
Please see this topic:

https://www.portablefreeware.com/forums ... 18&t=23344


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 2147
Wolfghost wrote:
btw are the some limit on size or image type for attachment ?
I tried hard to attach a png file, but get only a message about invalide image !!


phpBB or TPFC? For both, the maximum file size is 1MB. But the validation logic is different.

Maybe zip up the PNG file and send it to me, I will see if I can figure out the problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am
Posts: 253
Location: Norway
Andrew Lee wrote:
Maybe zip up the PNG file and send it to me, I will see if I can figure out the problem.

Oh well I deleted that one, but I make a equivalent image (screenshot) and got a image size 3.05MB so yeah I see the problem my fault :oops:
This one I have to reduce incredible on size to meet the demand on 1MB.


Attachments:
1490128461464screensave.png
1490128461464screensave.png [ 895.94 KiB | Viewed 1338 times ]

_________________
<<---It have to be STEALTH !!!--->>
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 am
Posts: 343
@Wolfghost

Just out of curiosity,
which screen capture tool do you use to produce such enormous (3Mb) snapshot files ?

Perhaps you might consider trying out our current category champion, FasStoneCapture,
which can routinely produce quite detailed full page *.png snapshots in the 100-300 kb range.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am
Posts: 1689
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Wolfghost wrote:
Andrew Lee wrote:
Maybe zip up the PNG file and send it to me, I will see if I can figure out the problem.

Oh well I deleted that one, but I make a equivalent image (screenshot) and got a image size 3.05MB so yeah I see the problem my fault :oops:
This one I have to reduce incredible on size to meet the demand on 1MB.


You can just upload large images somewhere else.

_________________
My YouTube channel | Release date of my tenth playlist: January 16, 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Database bug
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am
Posts: 253
Location: Norway
__philippe wrote:
Just out of curiosity,
which screen capture tool do you use to produce such enormous (3Mb) snapshot files ?

I use Nimbus Screen Capture
SYSTEM wrote:
You can just upload large images somewhere else.

Yeah I know, I have Photobucket but thanks anyway :wink:

_________________
<<---It have to be STEALTH !!!--->>


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group