CopyMastro is an open source copy and backup utility developed by Marco Mastroddi
. You don't need to install, just download, unzip and start it. Simple, fast and useful.
- Multi-thread copy: speed up your copies.
- Clone copy: preserve permissions, access and modification date (also tag colors and XAttributes in MacOSX).
- Smart: copy hidden files, support for long filenames and error recovery.
- Secure: file integrity check after copy.
- Custom copy: available filters to select what you want to copy or skip.
- Integrated: support to external copy program like rsync or robocopy.
- Resumable: you can save a stopped copy task and resume it later.
- Move option: with removing the files after a successful copy you can better organize your disk space.
- http://copymastro.sourceforge.net/Project Page
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/copymastro/Download Page
- http://copymastro.sourceforge.net/download.phpDownload Page
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/copymastro/files/Download Page - Windows
at Freeware Files
- RGdot Review
- http://www.rgdot.com/bl/2016/12/08/copymastro-open-source-copy-and-backup/DownloadsCopyMastro 2.0.8 - direct download link - archiveCopyMastro 2.0.8 - direct download link - installerImagesCopyMastro - Copying
:CopyMastro - Copying - Completed
:CopyMastro - Verifying - completed
:CopyMastro - Copied
:CopyMastro - Preferences
Since version 2.0.8 CopyMastro
archive is portable and stealth, the archive includes a file "copymastro.rc
" which contains the following string:
Optionally, the program can be started with the following parameter:
From CopyMastro online help
Portable option for USB key usersInstructions
Additionally if you would like to run CopyMastro from a USB key with all setting and log files contained then you need to edit the text in the file copymastro.rc by changing the following:
Portable=false to Portable=true
This tells CopyMastro to save all setting and log files to same folder where Copymastro is executed from.
- Download the ZIP archive (copymastro-2.0.8.zip).
- Extract the ZIP archive to a folder of your choice.
- Run CopyMastro.exe.
- Data and settings are stored in program folder inside data sub-folder which contains and INI file (copymastro.ini) and a log file (copymastro_log.txt).
runs on Windows 7 and above but the developer plans to compile it for Windows XP and Windows Vista in the near future.LicenseCopyMastro
under Creative Commons Attribution License
Thanks to the developer of CopyMastro
- Marco Mastroddi
, for the implementation of portable mode.
There is another program by the same developer- BeeBEEP
, which is in the database
and has been discussed in the forum
is cross-platform, running on Linux, macOS and Windows.Details
File details for CopyMastro
File Size: 8442351 Byte(s) (8.05 MB)
Modified Date: 2017-01-20 20:37
CRC32: 02164932VirusTotal analysis
- Detection ratio: 0 / 54
File details for CopyMastro
File Size: 6769748 Byte(s) (6.46 MB)
Modified Date: 2017-01-20 20:38
CRC32: 62712dceVirusTotal analysis
- Detection ratio: 1 / 55
(false positive by Qihoo-360