Quick Erase

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Quick Erase

#1 Post by smaragdus »

Quick Erase is a simple drag&drop file shredder that supports 12 shredding algorithms.

Quick Erase description:
When you delete a file, it isn't really gone because Windows just marks the space (sector) it occupied as being available and you will still be able to recover it long after it has been deleted. Anyone with a restoration or undelete program could recover it long after the hard drive was discarded. Quick Erase is a versatile tool that insures any information you want to remove will stay gone. It uses incredibly effective methods to keep your sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands. Quick Erase overwrites your deleted file making it unrecognizable and irrecoverable.

Quick Erase ScreenQuick Erase offers twelve different deletion methods that vary from fast 1 step approaches (Quick or British HMG IS5 (Baseline)), up to complex 23 passes mechanisms (Rizonesoft’s own South African RSDP-23). Furthermore, to make the file completely untraceable, this reliable tool will also rename your overwritten data and reset its date. Using Quick Erase is as easy as pie. Simply run the application and drag the files or folders you want to get rid of into the main program window. After you click yes on the confirmation window, your data will magically vanish, never to be seen again.

The settings that Quick Erase provides will allow you to select the desired deletion method and to enable or disable the warning message, the always on top setting will make the program window always float on top of all other windows (useful when working with Quick Erase in a full screen explorer window) and the renaming or the date resetting options. This is also the window where you will receive complete information about each overwriting method (how many steps it takes and what happens in each pass).
Quick Erase links:
https://rizonesoft.com/download/quick-erase/- Quick Erase home page
https://rizonesoft.com/ - Publisher
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/S ... rase.shtml - Quick Erase at Softpedia

Quick Erase downloads:
I suggest Quick Erase to be downloaded from Softpedia because at Rizonesoft users are forced to wait if they are not registered.

Quick Erase screen-shots:
-1- Quick Erase main window:
Quick Erase 0.6.4.649 - 2015-12-26 - 001.png
Quick Erase 0.6.4.649 - 2015-12-26 - 001.png (25.67 KiB) Viewed 22438 times
-2- Quick Erase settings window:
Quick Erase 0.6.4.649 - 2015-12-26 - 002.png

Quick Erase portable:

Quick Erase is portable and stealth by default- just extract the archive and run QuickErase.exe- Quick Erase saves its settings in QuickErase.ini file inside program folder.

Quick Erase license:
Quick Erase is free and open source (licensed under GPL) but
THE ICONS USED IN THIS PROJECT IS NOT OPEN SOURCE!
Please do not use them for any other projects or distribute them in any open source icon libraries.
Rizonesoft bought the license to use these icons for our own projects.
while Quick Erase source code can be downloaded from Rizonesoft.

Quick Erase note:
Quick Erase can only shred files but not folders. Quick Erase is from the same developer who created Complete Internet Repair.

Checker

Re: Quick Erase

#2 Post by Checker »

I've added Quick Erase to the database.
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2748 ... please vote :!:

DarkShadow

#3 Post by DarkShadow »

+5 Nice find - voted !
Last edited by DarkShadow on Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smaragdus

#4 Post by smaragdus »

I did vote, thanks. :D

giulia

#5 Post by giulia »

smaragdus wrote:I did vote, thanks. :D
hi
really beautiful program
does somebody if it's Unicode?
thanks

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote:does somebody if it's Unicode?
I threw a file at it with unicode characters and it seemed to work fine. I'm using v.0.4.2.420.

smaragdus

#7 Post by smaragdus »

@giulia & @webfork
Quick Erase version 0.6.4.649 supports Unicode, I updated the database entry accordingly.

giulia

#8 Post by giulia »

smaragdus wrote:@giulia & @webfork
Quick Erase version 0.6.4.649 supports Unicode, I updated the database entry accordingly.
hi smaragdus
weird they don't host anymore in their homepage
thanks smaragdus

smaragdus

#9 Post by smaragdus »

@giulia
Rizonesoft have removed lot of stuff they previously published, see the the list of their programs at Softpedia.