Free Download Manager (FDM)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: Free Download Manager

#16 Post by smaragdus »

@joby_toss

Thank you for the screen-shots you provided. I missed them and the text below them. If I hadn't I would not have sought for FDM 5 images in the web.

Once I commented this new design (when FDM 5 was still Alpha) in the official forum. I hope that FDM 3 will get maintenance releases, if this does not happen I have purchased several commercial download managers and I will have to switch to one of them as a default download manager.

One more thing, I will never again post at the official forum- once one of my posts was automatically blocked because it contained links- and these links were of FDM failed downloads- how can one report bugs if such posts are blocked? More- when I once reported a problem with the Firefox add-on (incompatibility with older Firefox versions) I got and advice to update Firefox. For me this is not serious. And even more- the official forum was also affected by the new, modern design.

Can anyone provide a reliable method of FDM 3 integration with Pale Moon portable?

xor

Re: Free Download Manager (FDM)

#17 Post by xor »

I'm third on board to flunk this user interface. Colors and tabs often help me to better figure out an App's functionality making it more intuitive. Blueish theme just kind of tells me: - Hey! every feature is just cool as ice and resembles Windows appearance, now, good luck figuring out how it all works and finding out the option or feature you need. :)

webfork

Re: Free Download Manager (FDM)

#18 Post by webfork »

Additional notes were added to the entry. Thanks to everyone for the updates on interface, license, and portability.

smaragdus

Re: Free Download Manager 3.9.7 Build 1631

#19 Post by smaragdus »

The latest version of Free Download Manager "classic" is 3.9.7 Build 1631 released on 2017.01.30.

fdminst.exe
fdminst-lite.exe

loin2kolpotoru

#20 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

smaragdus wrote: Can anyone provide a reliable method of FDM 3 integration with Pale Moon portable?
Install FlashGot Firefox extension in Pale Moon Portable, then setup FlashGot as my Screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg

smaragdus

#21 Post by smaragdus »

@loin2kolpotoru
Thanks but I meant direct integration, not via FlashGot.