RapidCRC Unicode - batch hashing/checksum

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: RapidCRC Unicode

#16 Post by joby_toss »

Great video demo!

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote:Great video demo!
Cool thanks for the feedback. I'll try to get this up on Youtube sometime soon and maybe look into producing similar videos for RapidCRC and other freeware.

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

Minor update: it's been posted to Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwiz-up1gq8

I say minor because it's the same video if you've already viewed it.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (better wording)

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

One thing about this program is that you can add CRC characters to a file name, but you can't remove them. One solution is Ant Renamer with the following settings:

1. Select the Characters Deletion tab
2. Set Number of characters to delete: 11
3. Select, From position: 0, From end

View of this config:

(source)

Midas

#20 Post by Midas »

Nice tip, thanks. :)

Enternal

#21 Post by Enternal »

*puts on smartass hat*

Or this (look at attachment).

Code: Select all

(\s|_)(\[|\()[0-f]{8}(\]|\))
At least with this, it will ONLY remove the CRC32 checksums and not just any random 11 characters.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

webfork

#22 Post by webfork »

Someone on that thread noted a cool regular expression trick:
Thanks for the tips! However, it's better to use the Regular expression in Ant Renamer with the following Expression: (\s|_)([|()[0-f]{8}(]|)). At least with this, it won't randomly strip any 11 characters and will only specifically target the CRC32 checksum.

(\s|_) - Matches either a space or an underscore character before the actual checksum.
([|() - Matches the bracket or an open parenthesis.
[0-f]{8} - CRC32 comprises of numbers and letters from a-f with a length of 8.
(]|) - Matches either a closing bracket or parenthesis.
Nice.

Enternal

#23 Post by Enternal »

Lol! That was just me. I just decided to explain what each component of the expression means. If you hadn't noticed the date posted on that is after my post here.

EDIT: Odd. It shows that I posted an hour earlier on there then it is here. Either I'm going crazy or editing posts updates the time. Either way, I edited the post there to say hello to myself and everyone other person here :D.

webfork

#24 Post by webfork »

Enternal wrote:Lol! That was just me. I just decided to explain what each component of the expression means. If you hadn't noticed the date posted on that is after my post here
Ha! Nice. I totally missed your initial post.

Regardless, thanks for that. I've been meaning to learn about reg expressions for years now and here's a perfect opportunity :)

Enternal

#25 Post by Enternal »

Haha. But yes, it's worth it to learn. I would recommend you read the tutorial from Just Great Software. It's a really well done tutorial and Just Great Software developers are known regex gurus. You can get it in PDF format on this page for EditPadPro demo https://www.editpadpro.com/download.html. Personally, I find the .chm format much easier to read than the PDF format so you can get it by downloading the demo on that same page, install it or extract (if possible), take EditPadPro7.chm, and then uninstall EditPadPro if you don't care about it. The tutorial should be under the Regular Expression Tutorial heading in both format. There is also a reference section and an example section.

Midas

Re: RapidCRC Unicode - batch hashing/checksum

#26 Post by Midas »

According to its changelog, as of v0.3.28, RapidCRC now supports Blake2 hashing (first mentioned by user siegfried @ viewtopic.php?p=93258#p93258).

To the best of my knowledge, CHK is the only other utility here at TPFC that does, too (cf. viewtopic.php?p=93161#p93161)

billon

#27 Post by billon »

Also 7-Zip

Midas

#28 Post by Midas »

@billon: thanks for the tip -- although it's not a hasher per se, it's good to know. 8)

Midas

#29 Post by Midas »

Edit: I think I solved it, I needed to select all hashes before creating the hashfiles. Plus, I forgot I had created the BIN hashes while ripping. :roll: Duh! :mrgreen:

Maybe someone will help me solve this little problem I've run into while using RapidCRC:

I ran it on an external drive filled with the rips of my audio CD collection and then told it to create a MD5 file for each folder.

I was afraid it would create a file with an hash for every single object in there -- I don't really care much for the hashes of text metafiles like logs and cues.

What happened instead is it created a MD5 hash for all the BIN files, but apparently skipped the WV (Wavpacks) and M4A. Do I have to manually tell it to do this or is there another way?

webfork

#30 Post by webfork »

RapidCRC has been my go-to program for years now -- glad it was an easy fix.