CloudShot - screen capture program

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

CloudShot - screen capture program

#1 Post by joby_toss »

Homepage: http://cloudshot.com/index.html

Already submitted to the database by Orca:
https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2868
CloudShot is a screen-capture program with editing and uploading options. Screenshots can be cropped and arrows and notes may be added; then, it can be saved to a local or network folder or uploaded via FTP or to Imgur, Dropbox, OneDrive or GoogleDrive, from where it can be shared.

Tested version 5.7.3.0 released on January 13, 2017.
Requires .NET Framework v4.0.
Portable, not stealth: C:\users\current\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs\CloudShot.exe.log

Note: I have the feeling that this app will have a payware version in the future, I just hope the current feature set will remain free to use.

tproli

Re: CloudShot - screen capture program

#2 Post by tproli »

Very nice! Entering "./Captures" to the "Settings->Local/Network folder -> Save location" will save captures/recordings to the application folder.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Program crashes on launch on my Win7x86 machine. Anyone else seeing that?

Edit: after two crashes and some prep work to send a bug report, suddenly it works. *shrug*

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

I updated the program screenshot to show more functionality/options.

Usage notes:

While it lacks some of the functionality of some of the other tools here on the site, I do like it's simplicity and ease of use. I can see someone not super tech savvy very quickly picking this up. I have to admit that like 90% of my screenshots are just to show someone what I'm seeing and this definitely does that very well.

I also really liked the recording function that follows the mouse. I know we have a lot of recording tools on the site but I'm not sure how many of them have mouse following capability. Unfortunately it has a maximum length of 60 seconds so you'd have to record multiple sequences if you have something complex to demonstrate.

Wishlist:

* Ability to save to video and animated GIF (I think Imgur will do this for you).
* Inside editor, ability to undo edits via CTRL+Z
* Inside editor, ability to move toolbars (if you accidentally move something behind a toolbar, it's essentially lost)

smaragdus

Re: CloudShot

#5 Post by smaragdus »

CloudShot initially was not portable, it is portable since version 5.7.0.

@joby_toss
Thank you for the submission, CloudShot was in the outskirts of my submission list because it lacks too many features, so thank you for sparing me some future work.

joby_toss

#6 Post by joby_toss »

Thank's for contacting the authors!