I got a chance to test this a bit more over the weekend. I could go on and on about how much I like this program. In fact, I did but unfortunately I had a system error and lost all that. Instead let me just say what came to me as possible additions as I was playing with it:Wishlist
Sort of a bug: adding picturesSteps
- Space saving
- Abilty to remove every X frames (good for cutting down file size) [Edit: up on Github]
- Any other compression goodies at file save including cropping, limited colors/grayscale, resolution options, etc.
- Some kind of easy way to apply changes to all frames (right now you apply to a given frame with alt+e so all frames might be ctrl+alt+e)
- Auto-crop that automatically draws the smallest possible crop square to exclude a single-color border (cut all the space surrounding an image).
- Export capabilities
- Ability to export batch or individual frames - again to GIF or PNG format. (Workaround here is just to save as a ZIP file and extract; the program's "Project" format saves everything in PNG format)
- Ability to output to other formats than GIF. Although video formats are supported with FFMPEG, I'd like to see other animation formats like APNG or FLV. Although they're not as widely supported, I think they're smaller, support more colors, and can be used by other anim programs. (Workaround: for APNG is same as above but add to a PNG animation program)
- When you add a Board recording to a current screen recording, it should optionally select the last selected size and use the last frame of the last recording so you can make addendums (e.g. point from one folder to another to indicate it needs to be moved)
- Ability to add transitions to all slides at once (right now you can select all but it will only modify one of the slides)
- Low priority
- Transparent borders with or without shadow. As I understand it, this is not a clearly supported feature in most GIF viewers so this might be a really difficult feature to add.
: Create a new project that's plenty large (e.g. 800x600), click "Insert - Media" and add some pictures of various sizes (all within the 800x600 max size). Defect
: all images get resized to the original file size. Expected results: each file is given it's own frame with it's original size. Workaround
: add one image at a time.