It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: FileOptimizer - broad format compression
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 am 

So I've been using this program a LOT and looking for ways to streamline the process. As such, I did some digging and came up with an easy batch file system:

FileOptimizer in a batch file

Steps:

1. Stick a copy of FileOptimizer in C:\portable\FileOptimizer (or edit the batch file listed below)

2. Create an empty text file with the following green text and edit it as needed:

Code:
    "C:\portable\FileOptimizer\FileOptimizer32.exe" "C:\Users\[i]USERNAME[/i]\Desktop\stuff_to_optimize"

3. Name the file optimize_this_folder.bat and launch whenever you want the folder contents to get optimized.

According to the help file, this works recursively.

Efforts with ImBatch's ImageMonitor

I tried to setup something with ImBatch's "watch" (ImageMonitor.exe) mechanism with ImBatch but so far no luck. The program will launch an external program but only AFTER the batch process is completed and via the main window. This means the watch program ignores the batch file and even the main window won't let you move the files to another location once they're finished. This is important because ImBatch recognizes files it's already optimized but FileOptimizer does not.

More Portable Freeware | EFF v Trump | FFox+DDG user | Projects donated to: VLC, CubicExplorer, Ditto, Greenshot, TrueCrypt, WinSplit, ClickyGone, ImgBurn, Rockbox, Serva, ShareX, LibreOffice, Splat, TinyTask, Asuite, AutoVer, KompoZer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 pm 

FileOptimizer v9.00 wrote:
New in this version:

Ribbon interface is by default disabled, and replaced by traditional menus. There is a new Appearance tab under Options dialog where you can reenable it.[...]

Post subject: Re: FileOptimizer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:22 pm 

@joby_toss
This is great piece of news- for me ribbon disabled is better than ribbon minimized.
I don't find a way to make FileOptimizer remember its window size and position on desktop. It seems that this can be achieved by manually editing the INI file but this is not very handy for me. So I would appreciate "Remember window size and position" option.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:28 pm 

This program just keeps saving us bandwidth. Although I've been using it on existing site animated GIFs, I hit some dramatic space savings on the USBFlashCopy file via FileOptimizer. It went from 87k to 56k (65% of the original).

More Portable Freeware | EFF v Trump | FFox+DDG user | Projects donated to: VLC, CubicExplorer, Ditto, Greenshot, TrueCrypt, WinSplit, ClickyGone, ImgBurn, Rockbox, Serva, ShareX, LibreOffice, Splat, TinyTask, Asuite, AutoVer, KompoZer

Post subject: Re: FileOptimizer 9.10.1575
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:22 am 

Quote:
I don't find a way to make FileOptimizer remember its window size and position on desktop. It seems that this can be achieved by manually editing the INI file but this is not very handy for me. So I would appreciate "Remember window size and position" option.
Now FileOptimizer (version 9.10.1575) remembers its desktop position by default- a undocumented tiny yet great enhancement. Or perhaps this change is described in this line:
Quote:
Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.
I have the suspicion that the developer is reading this forum. If so- many thanks, Mr Chamorro for your excellent work on FileOptimizer, I appreciate your continuous efforts to make FileOptimizer even better very much!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:44 pm 

smaragdus wrote:
I have the suspicion that the developer is reading this forum. If so- many thanks, Mr Chamorro for your excellent work on FileOptimizer, I appreciate your continuous efforts to make FileOptimizer even better very much!

You are right, I am the FileOptimizer developer, and I have been reading the forum, and watching your comments and suggestions since a couple of years ago.
Unfortunately I did not had time to register here, and thank you everyone for you support in making FO more popular. And when did, my post was deleted by the moderator, so just trying again to let you know I am here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:31 pm 

nikkho wrote:
my post was deleted by the moderator, so just trying again to let you know I am here.

Well I hope that wasn't my doing. Sorry if it was.

nikkho wrote:
You are right, I am the FileOptimizer developer, and I have been reading the forum, and watching your comments and suggestions since a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I did not had time to register here, and thank you everyone for you support in making FO more popular.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and I'm glad we could help out. I use FO frequently and love how it just gets better and better. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:22 pm 

@nikkho

Welcome to the forum, I am glad to see you here too!

I do not use FileOptimizer very often but is a unique and extremely useful tool. Perhaps I am the greatest ribbon-hater here so I would like to thank you for making it optional- this made me happy because I never expected it would happen. ;)

Moderators here are not too many and they are as friendly as the users so I really can't imagine what happened, perhaps it was a kind of mistake or misunderstanding and I am convinced it won't happen again. ;)

Keep your great work on FileOptimizer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 pm 

webfork wrote:
Well I hope that wasn't my doing. Sorry if it was.

Not sure. When posted, I received a message that my first post should we waiting for a moderator approval. Then I received an email saying it was rejected because it was not relevant.

smaragdus wrote:
I do not use FileOptimizer very often but is a unique and extremely useful tool. Perhaps I am the greatest ribbon-hater here so I would like to thank you for making it optional- this made me happy because I never expected it would happen. ;)

Well it was not an easy task, and took some time, so I had other priorities than removing the ribbon. But it was a technical/legal issue.

Thing is that using the ribbon in your app, requires a free license from Microsoft. Unfortunately the MS page that handles that died. Furthermore, new C++ Builder 10.1, does not come with ribbon component anymore because of that, so when I upgrade, the ribbon will be lost.

So I was forced to implement classic menus again, and in the transition, I managed to keep the ribbon too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:11 pm 

FileOptimizer 9.30 is out. As usual, you can grab it from the official site at: http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/stati ... eOptimizer

9.30 - 2016/11/26
- Installer now supports the /AllUsers argument to install for all users instead of current user (Grahame Bevan).
- Fixed remove selected files (Shift-Del) always enabled since 9.00 when unified ribbon and regular UI (TPS).
- Added original and optimized sizes in log file (JoeW).
- Fixed a bug in mutool that prevented execution on PDF (LeTiger).
- Disabled Leanify from the JPEG, PNG and ICO toolchains when copy metadata is enabled, because it removed IPTC information (ZonaCasio).
- Updated AdvanceCOMP to 1.23.
- Updated to ECT 0.6.2.0 -511fa96- x86 and x64 optimized builds (thanks Malloc Voidstar).
- Updated jsmin custom build with Visual C++ 2015.
- Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.172 daily binaries.
- Updated ImageMagick 7.0.3.7 with HDRI support.
- Updated PngOptimizer to 2.5.
- Updated Ghostscript to 9.20.
- Updated strip to 2.27.
- Updated to mutool 1.10RC2.
- Better performance updating to ASMLib 2.50 with AVX512 support.
- Updated to cppcheck 1.76.
- Upgraded distributions to 7-Zip 16.04.
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:02 pm 

nikkho wrote:
FileOptimizer 9.30 is out

Great news, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 am 

First 2017 FileOptimizer release. Get File Optimizer 9.40 for free at: http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/stati ... eOptimizer

9.40 - 2017/01/06
- Added INI setting PDFSkipLayered=false to skip processing of PDF containing layers Optional Content Groups -OCG- (Grahame Bevan).
- Implemented using Win64 plugins in all Win64 system, even if you run Win32 version of FileOptimizer.
- Added removing metadata in pngquant if PNGCopyMetadata is disabled.
- Added Guetzli to the JPEG tool chain when allow lossy compression is enabled (Jyrki Alakuijala).
- Added pingo to the JPEG and PNG toolchains when copy metadata is disabled.
- Reenabled Leanify in JPEG processing when Copy Metadata is enabled, because now we can use --jpeg-keep-all-metadata.
- Fixed crashing with temporary paths longer than 260 characters (Roman Luks).
- Updated pingo to 0.52.
- Updated libwebp to 0.5.2.
- Updated UPX to 3.92.
- Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.173 daily binaries.
- Updated pngquant to 2.8.0.
- Updated to mutool 1.10a with x64 native build (thanks Dirk Paehl).
- Updated ImageMagick 7.0.4.2 with HDRI support.
- Better performance updating to ASMLib 2.51 with AVX512 support.
- Updated to cppcheck 1.77.
- Updated to NSIS 3.01.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 am 

Great stuff, thanks for your continued work on this. I appreciate your work to keep adding metadata options. I have applications where I specifically want to zap it and places where I specifically want to keep it while compression so having that capability is very helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 am 

webfork wrote:
Great stuff, thanks for your continued work on this. I appreciate your work to keep adding metadata options. I have applications where I specifically want to zap it and places where I specifically want to keep it while compression so having that capability is very helpful.

Sure. FileOptimizer needs to be flexible enough to keep original format features when needed.
Thanks to you.

Post subject: FileOptimizer 9.50 released
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am 

FileOptimizer 9.50 is out. It is a recommended upgrade if using 9.30 or later - http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/stati ... eOptimizer

9.50 - 2017/01/10
- Fixed a regression since FileOptimizer 9.30, that could avoid some plugin optimizations to not being applied (Armin Mueller, signalman).
- Fixed a bug when LogLevel was 4, when Optimized Size could be reported as 0 bytes in some situations.
- Updated pingo to 0.52c.
- Updated ImageMagick 7.0.4.3 with HDRI support.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next