What's new since v0.9 ?
- Lock tab capability, which prevents closing/moving the tab or changing its location.
- New quick list that presents open tabs in the current panel, mapped onto Alt+6 by default (ticket #450).
- Added the option to set fixed title for tab.
- Added the following actions: add tab, duplicate tab, clone tab to other panel.
- Added support for VMware vSphere virtual machines file system, contributed by Yuval Kohavi <email@example.com>
- The state of all windows from last run is now restored on startup.
- Added the ability to copy the base name of files (ticket #462), contributed by Chen Rozenes.
- User can choose to always display tabs headers from preferences dialog (even when the panel contains single tab).
- Add the application name to window title on all OSs except Mac OS X (ticket #501).
- The visited locations history is now saved per-tab.
- The recently visited locations quick list now presents the visited locations on all tabs and windows.
- The content of recently visited locations quick list is now restored from previous run on startup (ticket #471).
- Added fullscreen support for Mac OS X Lion (ticket #468).
- Text file editor/viewer restore the full screen mode of last used (closed) editor/viewer on startup.
- 'Bonjour' support is now disabled by default on Mac OS (on fresh installation, i.e, with no previous
preferences) to prevent firewall dialog which keeps popping up on startup (workaround for ticket #339).
- Added 'ctrl+m' keystroke to toggle text file editor/viewer full screen mode.
- Tab can be closed by clicking on its header with middle mouse button.
- Assign 'ctrl+page_down' keystroke for switching to next tab, and 'ctrl+page_up' for switching to
previous tab (the keystrokes that were previously assigned to those actions remain as alternative keystrokes).
- Improved names and descriptions presented for tab-related actions.
- Added new category of actions in the 'shortcuts dialog' for tab-related actions.
- Changed tab's not-fixed-title to be in the pattern '<host>:<filename>'
- Show backward/forward locations list when pressing with right click on the back/forward buttons in the toolbar
instead of trigger back/forward actions
- Keyboard shortcuts can now be set for commands defined at commands.xml (ticket #456), contributed by Jarek Czekalski.
- Show empty name in the make file/directory dialog when it is opened (ticket #512), contributed by hclsiva.
- Mac OS X: enabled high-resolution rendering on Retina displays (ticket #518), contributed Alexey Lysiuk.
- System files can now be filtered also on windows, contributed by Markus Bullmann.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1 and 10; and Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12 to the OS versions.
- Turkish translation has been updated.
- Prevent deadlock which caused the application to freeze while switching tabs on MAC OS.
- Recycle Bin is now working on Windows 64-bit with a 64-bit Java runtime (ticket #234).
- Key combinations that contain the TAB key can be set as shortcuts (ticket #465).
- Fix installation via software center on Ubuntu.
- Symbolic links cannot be opened (ticket #467).
- Encoding of text file is changed after being modified by the viewer/editor (ticket #438).
- Cannot connect to some FTP/SFTP bookmarks if there are more than 4 of them (ticket #525), contributed by Ondrej Dusek.
- Quick lists on the right panel sometimes not being focused (ticket #552), contributed by Jarek Czekalski.
- Some translations may not be up-to-date.
- Mac OS X: "Do you want the application "muCommander.app" to accept incoming network connections?" dialog keeps popping
up on startup even if the dialog has been previously accepted (ticket #339), when 'Bonjour' support is enabled.
- Executable permissions on local files are not properly preserved when running a unix-based OS with Java 1.5.
- SMB support may not work properly on non multi-language JRE.
- 'Copy files to clipboard' not working with some applications (files are not pasted).
- Mac OS X: some keyboard shortcuts may conflict with global system shortcuts.
- Authentication issues when using several sets of credentials (login/password) for the same server (see ticket #76).
- Untrusted HTTPS connections are allowed without a warning.
- Windows Vista/7: "java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: recv failed" error can appear when trying to access FTP
sites. This seems to be a Windows firewall problem, with a possible workaround: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7077696
- Unpacking files from 7z archive files can be slow.