VirtuaWin - virtual desktops

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnTHaller

Re: VirtuaWin Portable

#16 Post by JohnTHaller »

Considering that the original version is fine portable on its own, I don't know that PFC needs a second listing for it. The main reason we have it in PortableApps.com Format is to make it easily installable into the PA.c Platform, keep data in a consistent place (Data subdir) for backups and have it work with the PA.c Updater.

If PFC gets to the point to also list a PA.c Format of apps like this, then it would make sense to add that to the existing VirtuaWin listing, but otherwise, I think it's fine as is :)
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

webfork

Re: VirtuaWin

#17 Post by webfork »

Portable VirtuaWin 4.5 BETA 2 is out ... the dev acknowledges there's been no work here but points to a strong community that brought him back :)

http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/?page_id=74

giulia

#18 Post by giulia »

webfork wrote:Portable VirtuaWin 4.5 BETA 2 is out ... the dev acknowledges there's been no work here but points to a strong community that brought him back :)

http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/?page_id=74
hi
thanks
i have downloaded it
but can i set a program to run on desktop 2 , run this program , and let VirtualWin switch to desktop 2 as soon i run this program ?
i can assign a program to run on desktop 2 but i have always after to switch to desktop 2
thanks

KJD

#19 Post by KJD »

@ giulia

Look at the first HELP entry in "Hidden Configuration Options"

you need to manually edit the .\config\virtuawin.cfg file changing the initial (or startup) desktop of VirtuaWin to #.
by default it is set to
initialDesktop# 0
in your case try for second screen
initialDesktop# 2