LiberKey - Portable sofware suite

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SYSTEM

Re: LiberKey 5.8.1129

#16 Post by SYSTEM »

smaragdus wrote:LiberKey is at version 5.8.1129, is there any special reason why the database entry hasn't been updated?
It hasn't been updated simply because no one has told us about the updates.

I updated the entry.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

smaragdus

Re: LiberKey

#17 Post by smaragdus »

@SYSTEM
Thanks for updating the entry. I could have done it myself but I found some lengthy locked threads dedicated to LiberKey and I supposed that the program was not updated on purpose.

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote:Thanks for updating the entry. I could have done it myself but I found some lengthy locked threads dedicated to LiberKey and I supposed that the program was not updated on purpose.
Essentially there was a lengthy and fruitless flame war about several issues, which is what I was trying to avoid with my note at the end of my Thumbapps post. I personally avoid Liberkey for reasons you can see if you sift through those locked threads but Andrew made a call about its inclusion on the site.

smaragdus

Re: LiberKey - Portable sofware suite

#19 Post by smaragdus »

@webfork

Yes, I had a look at these threads they were depressing for me since I am not interested in legal stuff at all.

Now I am aware of your concerns. But yet LiberKey can be used just as a launcher without LiberKey Suite, this is the way I tested the the program. For me as a launcher LiberKey is a very good tool.

Midas

#20 Post by Midas »

smaragdus wrote:For me as a launcher LiberKey is a very good tool.
  • Nobody asked me, but I have to agree with that... :mrgreen:

smaragdus

#21 Post by smaragdus »

@Midas
I always appreciate your opinions. ;)

Andrew Lee

#22 Post by Andrew Lee »

But yet LiberKey can be used just as a launcher without LiberKey Suite
That's what I'm still using today. It's a good launcher.

xor

#23 Post by xor »

Nobody asked me either but throughout the last years I have tried all kinds of launchers: Buttons, Menus, Keyboard shortcuts, Gestures, even WinRAlias to press WIN+R (Run) and type three letters to launch my most used Apps. Everything is convenient and worth trying, currently I have configured Executor to index a limited exact number of folders in the folder tree of the partition where my Portables are located and I'm doing pretty good, I like it a lot... Adventages are: No shortcuts to remember or conflicts, No menus to navigate, No keywords to remember, No global gestures to memorize and better leave them for in-application use, I can even decide for launching diferent versions of the same App, I can use shortcuts (lnk) for Apps that run with parameters, and so on. I don't mean to impose my App-launching style but just to share this fun experience.