SendTo with SubFolders Needed [resolved]

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Stoik

Re: SendTo with SubFolders Needed

#16 Post by Stoik »

LintaList,

Thank You for Your patience !

Still, no success.

Error messages are gone (good),
But, using SHIFT + RIGHT BUTTON opens just the normal context menu, no trace of what your screen-shot is showing.
The only thing that looks different is, that now the standard SendTo menu is populated with some strange folders from AppData or so.

lintalist

#17 Post by lintalist »

I forgot ahk_exe is also a new command, edited the post above, below the IMAGE is a AHK BASIC version (tested with 1.0.48.05 and working).

In general: I can only recommend you upgrade ahk, there are so many little convenient improvements such as ahk_exe and having StringReplace available as a function that it really cuts down on developing time for scripts.

Stoik

#18 Post by Stoik »

OK, LintaList,

I need to make it easier for You !
I should make all the adjustments to Your creative mind.

Still no results here.
Therefore, I just upgraded to the latest AutoHotKey version.
Why don't You please write it in the latest syntax, and I will try that.
Please post it as a new paragraph, because there are already several versions - that might be confusing.

Thanks a lot !

lintalist

#19 Post by lintalist »

The code for the latest AHK is the script above the image (the one with ahk_exe in it) - I've tested both scripts and both work.

The only thing you need to be sure of (in both versions) is the title used in the #IfWinActive line, that is what makes the shift-rightbutton script context sensitive to XYplorerFree. If that is correct it should work.

So check with the latest ahk version (script ABOVE image):
is the name of your XYplorer free executable "XYplorerFree.exe" if so it SHOULD work (it works here)

check with the basic version (script BELOW image):
does the TITLE of the XYplorerFree window contain "XYplorer Free Edition" if so it SHOULD work (it works here)

The only other thing I can think of is that AutoHotkey isn't running as administrator.
In that case you can add these lines:

Code: Select all

if not A_IsAdmin
{
   Run *RunAs "%A_ScriptFullPath%"  ; Requires v1.0.92.01+
   ExitApp
}
at the very TOP of the script of the latest AHK version, the code ABOVE the image (it won't work for BASIC so don't try it with the code BELOW the image)

If it still doesn't work I don't know what could be the cause, perhaps another program is interfering with the hotkey or autohotkey itself. Fingers crossed it works.

Stoik

Re: SendTo with SubFolders Needed [resolved]

#20 Post by Stoik »

LintaList,

It works ! This is great !

You should absolutely publish this as Your next software (and add a web link to this post).
So very many people complained about this new "Windows' bug" - the inability to use SendTo sub-folders.
You will be their hero !

Thanks, and I think we can call this issue resolved.

P.S.
My response was a bit delayed because I had to see the penalty shoot-out in the football/soccer match Poland vs Portugal.