HamMultiPlayer - view media in parallel

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

HamMultiPlayer - view media in parallel

#1 Post by webfork »

[Moderator note: this is the primary HamMultiPlayer program thread. View database entry]

----

It's been too long since I came across a real gem so this one felt really good. The product synopsis is a little opaque in part because the program has a lot of flexibility. Most critically, it is a video tool for finding the video bit you need quickly. You wouldn't use this to watch movies, more as a precursor to editing them.
Synopsis wrote:... a software created to scan your directories (and/or drives) to find and display several files in real time. It can be used to find, move, delete or preview any video/audio file. This is a "portable" software, this means that everything is already included inside the ".exe" (no installation, no registry keys, ...). It uses mplayer and MediaInfo Library to decode and display files (so it can play everything mplayer can play).

HamMultiPlayer scans recursively directories you selected and load any compatible file. You can then, sort generated list to find out duplicated or similar files.
Supports: XP, Vista, 7, and 8 in both 32/64bits architectures. This program was compiled in 32bits (for compatibility reasons) but works in 64bits mode too ! (see documentation to learn how to use mplayer 64bits with it).

http://hammultiplayer.org/
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... ayer.shtml

Status: Portable. Writes no settings. Tested v0.111 (released 2015-08-05)

Screenshot: the program ONLY works in full screen so here's a big one: http://i.imgur.com/9tPrAm9.jpg

Stealth: Yes. Note that it writes data to AppData/Temp, but by policies stated here on the site, that's still stealth.

Notes:
  • The interface is a bit odd right at first but I almost immediately figured out how to use it. Very intuitive.
  • Being able to load up a few videos and use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll through a video's thumbail is amazing.

- This is very important for video editors who often have to go through a whole lot of video
    - Ideal for dealing with stock video footage
    - Helpful for looking through several videos for important sections, basically turning this program into a reference utility.
  • Works with a variety of media, not just video, making this useful for both audio and video
  • Right-click on the file name for view settings (brightness, contrast, sharpness, mirror, etc.), speed controls, export, and more. There's even 3D settings in this, which blows my mind but maybe that's more normal than I think it is.
  • There's some AviSynth interactions that I didn't test.

I am Baas

Re: HamMultiPlayer - view media in parallel

#2 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote: Status: Portable. Writes no settings. Tested v0.111 (released 2015-08-05)

Stealth: Yes. Note that it writes data to AppData/Temp, but by policies stated here on the site, that's still stealth.

Settings:

HMP.ini and HMP_Version.ini files are saved to \AppData\Local\Temp\HAM folder and config file is saved to \AppData\Local\Temp\HAM\mplayer folder.

The program seems to be calling home on launch, I could not find a setting to disable that.

TTwrs

#3 Post by TTwrs »

I'd like to try this but am concerned about the VirusTotal report. I know there are often false positives, but the OpenCandy reference, in particular, bothers me. Is that present? Also, is the exe file the actual executable, or is it an installer?

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Weird. Will retest in a few days on the same system and try to figure out how I missed that. Thanks for testing as I was eager to add this.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

TTwrs wrote:I'd like to try this but am concerned about the VirusTotal report. I know there are often false positives, but the OpenCandy reference, in particular, bothers me. Is that present? Also, is the exe file the actual executable, or is it an installer?
Here's the this is the VT analysis (5 out of 57) that TTwrs is referring to.

Anyway, it's not an installer. My test evidently screwed up so I can't guarantee results, but Softpedia is listing it as freeware (they're very good about that) and Bass' test would definitely have caught adware.

Other file details:
MD5: FBA42368093AA1E66D96F3898A3E743E
SHA-1: C99F20021940C416EA41ED12E697FC4FCC884FD1

barnuble

#6 Post by barnuble »

Hello dear users...

I am HamMultiPlayer's developper and would like to thank you testing my software and specify few things :

- HamMultiplayer is a software (GUI) using mplayer and MediaInfo to display multiple files.
- HamMultiplayer is FREEWARE : My goal was not to earn money or invide your system with adverts and banners !
- HamMultiPlayer respond to my needs to find movies and duplicated files (my hard drives are often full).
- HamMultiplayer does few things when starting :
It downloads an update file to check for new version(s) of itself, mplayer and mediainfo -> (from Hammultiplayer.org).
It copies inside %temp%\ham\ : mplayer and mediaInfo.
- HamMultiPlayer writes two files (in temp dir) : HMP.ini dans HMP_versions.ini and loads two fonts in memory without installing on drives.

This software was originaly developped for myself... But friends asked me to publish it (as they use it too).
So : Interface (GUI) may seem strange (colors, etc...), but my first goal was ergonomics, not design.
Everything has been thought for speed (grouped controls on the right side to go faster, mouse wheel to mouse faster, etc...

Few antivirus softwares may display problems with my software for several reasons :

- It is a new software (unknown by antivirus).
- It contains ".exe files" -> mplayer and MediaInfo inside HamMultiPlayer.exe.
- It is a script and it load resources in memory and "temp" directory.

My goal was to make it PORTABLE !

Any question(s) are welcome.

I wish you a good use !

barnuble.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

barnuble wrote:I am HamMultiPlayer's developper and would like to thank you testing my software
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm a big fan of your program and appreciate you making it available as freeware. I'm not sure how I missed your post last month but glad to have you here.
barnuble wrote:Few antivirus softwares may display problems with my software for several reasons
As a freeware site, we're definitely familiar with the anti-virus false-positives angle and that issue won't prevent it from being added to the database.
barnuble wrote:My goal was to make it PORTABLE
It still qualifies as portable, there was just some questions around stealth/config status above. That's on me.

barnuble

HamMultiPlayer

#8 Post by barnuble »

Hi everybody,

HamMultiPlayer v0.112 is available...

ChangeLog :
0.112.37368.777 :

- mplayer changed to r37368 to use DirectShow (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/).
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.77 (https://mediaarea.net/fr/MediaInfo).
- Introducing 'HamMultiPlayerCPU' : an integrated realtime CPU monitor.
- Added DirectShow and AVC decoding (via sherpya mplayer version and dsnative.dll).
- Added 'Add InterFrame settings to Export' (or not) for VirtualDub or External Player.
- Added new control to close and reset all previews (in one mouse click).
- Added 'Reset settings on page change' (or not). Can be usefull when using InterFrame and AviSynth.
- Added CPU settings to define how many cores are used with MPlayer, InterFrame and AviSynth.
- Added 'SpeedSteps' to let user define how many steps can be defined for speed (from 2 to 10).
- Video : InterFrame => Abort and Reset can now be applied to all previews.
- Video : WallDisplay => updated.
- Audio : Outputs and Tracks are now selectable.
- Audio : Equalizer and presets keep settings + many bugs fixed.
- Cancelling 'MoviesExtraInfos' bug -> fixed.
- Benchmark features updated.
- Export : 'compare' -> Files can now be compared (CRC32).
- GUI : Options menu rewritten (new settings available, see docs...).
- GUI : Lower panel can now be resized using vertical bar.
- GUI : Progress display bug -> fixed.
- GUI : SetToAll : Now really applies settings to all previews (InterFrame included). Be careful !.
- GUI : Refreshing ListView fixed.
- Stopping more than 4x UltraHD-4k movies was leaving processes running => Fixed.
- Many other bugs fixes and GUI modifications/optimizations.

0.112 News :

- HamMultiplayer now uses all cores for each preview (Playing, using InterFrame will be faster)...
- Main interface now displays system memory used (important feature as HamMultiPlayer consumes a lot of memory).
- Preview options now includes "Misc" menu to select External Decoder (Still beta).
- Introducing HamMultiPlayerCPU (see preferences menu) -> a CPU usage monitor (usefull to watch activity)
(Can be positioned over or under interface -> Needs HamMultiPlayer restart).
- Video Track can now be selectable.
- Audio Track can now be selectable.
- Video Output can be selected for each preview.
- Audio Output can be selected for each preview.
- Export : You can now compare (CRC32) two movies (Swap/Load/Compare).
- Misc : External Decoder can be selected (Warning : This is usefull to save CPU processes for one or two previews but is slower is spreaded over all previews).
- Misc : Use Avisynth source -> An other way to use DirectShow.

Note 1 : External decoder cannot be used while Avisynth source is enabled (and reciprocally).
Note 2 : InterFrame cannot be used with External Decoder and Avisynth source (and will be automaticaly disabled).

Preferences :

It is now possible to select External Video Decoder defaults (beta) for H264/AVC codecs (only EVO/FLV/OGM/M2TS/MKV/MOV/MP4/PVA and TS containers are allowed).
This feature should be left on : No

H.264/AVC => No (AVC1/h264/X264/VSSH).
Others => No (Divx and others codecs).

This is Beta version and Trying to use it may crash system or display BSOD !

Note 3 : External Video Decoder must use "OpenGL Hardware" video output to work (this is automaticaly done by HamMultiPlayer).

- Reset Settings on "page change" lets you keep or not settings when loading new files.
- Speed Steps lets you select how many steps you want when changing speed.
- InterFrame Defaults : Leave it on "No change" to use HamMultiPlayer in normal mode.

New Stop button to close every preview processes and reset settings.

HamMultiPlayer documentation will be updated as soon as possible...

Have Fun ;)

Barnuble.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

Was going to add this today but ran into an odd question...
I am Baas wrote:HMP.ini and HMP_Version.ini files are saved to \AppData\Local\Temp\HAM folder and config file is saved to \AppData\Local\Temp\HAM\mplayer folder.
Finally got back to this. Confirmed. The weird thing is that, by tossing settings into a Temp folder, there are technically no settings saved since all this is considered disposable. It's even considered Stealth by the site's criterion.

I'm not sure how to get that into the entry without confusing people.

barnuble

#10 Post by barnuble »

Hi everybody,

I will publish HamMultiPlayer v0.113 in few days (still have to make few more tests)...

@Webfork : Settings can now be saved beside HamMultiPlayer ;)

This new version is improved (less bugs), optimized (many operations are faster), it will probably include mplayer 37802 and MediaInfo v7.83...

I added :

- Single Mode preview : Displaying one preview at different locations.
- Preview Fx to quickly watch preview in WallDisplay Mode (mirroring or flipping preview).
- WallDisplay has been updated.
- Files operations like : Path, Rename, Move, Copy and Delete files added.
- Preferences updated.
...And many other things and bug fix !

Barnuble.

shnbwmn

#11 Post by shnbwmn »

barnuble wrote:Hi everybody,

I will publish HamMultiPlayer v0.113 in few days (still have to make few more tests)...

... Settings can now be saved beside HamMultiPlayer ;)
Good news indeed! :)

barnuble

#12 Post by barnuble »

After many month working on HamMultiPlayer, let me introduce you to the version 0.113 :
0.113.37802.783 :

- mplayer changed to r37802 (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/).
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.83 (https://mediaarea.net/fr/MediaInfo).
- New media files formats supported + h264/Hevc better decoding...
- HamMultiplayer has now 2 working modes : Multiple and Single.
- Introducing 'Single Mode' : To watch a single file at several positions.
- Preview selection is now faster.
- Previews : can now be cropped (see previews options).
- Thumbnails : Creation is now faster (optimization).
- Thumbnails : Right Click over thumbnail -> Keep position and return to normal preview.
- Thumbnails : Any 'mplayer.exe' version can now be used with HamMultiPlayer.
- Thumbnails Bug : when no picture was created : Fixed.
- InterFrame new Presets : 50% and 100% speed at full monitor rate.
- WallDisplay new interface + presets : Flip and Mirror can be applied.
- Previews can now be renamed/copied/moved/deleted (see previews options).
- Filenames are now displayed over 'page progress' to quickly jump to a page.
- MultiMonitor bug : was not displayed if default monitor number >1 : Fixed.
- Thumbnails display bug (while moving vertical bar) : Fixed.
- Thumbnails -> incorrect position display in DualView : Fixed.
- Mouse Wheel bug when closing thumbnail display : Fixed.
- 'Page change' bug : Fixed.
- Unloading bug : files was not always showing full filename : Fixed.
- Treeview selection bug (when starting) : Fixed.
- Clicking Preview bug : was sometime displaying preview two times : Fixed.
- Moving file bug : Fixed.
- GUI : Previews configuration (Lines/Cols) is now easier to choose + Small Bug Fixed.
- mplayer options can be defined : Double Buffering, Direct Rendering, Slices and FrameDrop added.
- Settings can now be saved beside HamMultiPlayer.
- Many other fixes, GUI and speed optimizations.
What's New :

- Have a look to SingleMode, it can be usefull to preview several parts of a movie (right arrow under preview).
- Fx (Previews options) introduce Special Effects... Others effects will come...
- Previews Options (right click) have been updating :

You can now :

- Crop priviews.
- Rename previews.

For InterFrame users : Two options have been added : 50% and 100% => Will play movie at maximum frame rate using InterFrame.
SaveBeside : Will save "HamMultiPlayer.ini" beside HamMultiPlayer.exe, when starting, HamMultiPlayer will use this file first !

Comments are welcome ;)

Barnuble.

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

barnuble wrote:...let me introduce you to the version 0.113
Great news, thanks. Adding your program to our database is on a long todo list items. I will hopefully get to it in the weeks ahead.

Edit: along those lines, put together a screenshot:

I am Baas

#14 Post by I am Baas »

HamMultiPlayer v0.114 released (2016-05-10)
- Updated mplayer to r37853 (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/).
- Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.85 (https://mediaarea.net/fr/MediaInfo).
- Image Cropping : Updated and many bugs fixed.
- Auto Cropping Detection added.
- Bug : Audio Softvol => Removed (Sound changing is faster now).
- Bug : Disabling audio track was not working : Fixed.
- Bug : Stop/Reload : Now checks File Exist.
- New : Aspect ratio can now be changed in each preview (0.1 to 3.9).
- New : mplayer OSD Level can be set from 0 to 3 (default = 0).
- New : Subtitles can now be selected (see previews options).
- New : Splash screen displaying "quick start".
- New : InterFrame Presets (100% to 10% speed). This replace 50% and 100% controls.
- Changed : No more Automatic Subtitles.
- Embeded documentation rewritten and updated.
- Bug : Datas from Transport Stream (.TS) container was not return properly : Fixed.
- GUI : Small Texts/Controls size bug : Fixed.
- GUI : MouseWheel can be used in previews options for : Ratio/Volume/Speed/Equalizer.
- Added : Restart (Preferences). To (Auto)restart HamMultiPlayer to apply new settings.
- Bug : Files could not be moved in SingleMode : Fixed.
- Bug : Files Operations could not be done when filenames was too long : Fixed.
- Many other small fixes.

webfork

#15 Post by webfork »

I finally added this program to the database: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2791