VClip - simple desktop recorder

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lintalist

VClip - simple desktop recorder

#1 Post by lintalist »

[Moderator note: this thread was split from the GifCam thread.]

---

The same author has published VClip a Desktop screen recorder with various video output formats (avi, ogg, mp4, gif, webm)
http://blog.bahraniapps.com/vclip/
found via http://www.ghacks.net/2016/02/12/vclip- ... -recorder/

tactictoe

Re: GifCam

#2 Post by tactictoe »

Both interesting software as far as I am concerned. Cool for tutorial and educational purpose, or just to create interactive manual... Where do I vote?

lintalist

#3 Post by lintalist »

@tactictoe GifCam is here http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2541

VClip has yet to be tested, it is portable but haven't been checked for 'stealth' etc. Once tested it could be added to the TPFC database for votes.

tactictoe

#4 Post by tactictoe »

:shock: Vote done even not needed.

webfork

Re: VClip - simple desktop recorder

#5 Post by webfork »

A *very* simple program. It generates a lot of BMP files and then, once you click "Save", strings them together in a video with your choice of several formats (MP4, WEBM, AVI, OGG, and GIF).

Issue: Note that clicking "stop" is not the same thing as a pause button. If you click record again, your previous recording is lost.

I didn't test the audio recording component.

Stealth: no, writes thumbcache data to AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer. These could not be deleted so might be automatic system files rather than something specific to the program. In testing, they were around 7 megs.

Specular

#6 Post by Specular »

webfork wrote:A *very* simple program. It generates a lot of BMP files and then, once you click "Save", strings them together in a video with your choice of several formats (MP4, WEBM, AVI, OGG, and GIF).
At this point it's essentially a simple ffmpeg front-end, similar to WebMCam which does the same thing and I've been using for over a year.

When the WebM/VPx format blew up in 2014 thanks to 4chan we saw a number of such programs spring up, which were seen as alternatives to GIF creation tools. Looks like the GIFCam dev thought it would be worthwhile making one of his own.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Specular wrote:At this point it's essentially a simple ffmpeg front-end, similar to WebMCam which does the same thing and I've been using for over a year.
Yeah that program looks really sharp. Any sense of the portability?

billon

#8 Post by billon »

Version 2.0 released