Clibor - clipboard extender

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Ennovy

Re: Clibor - clipboard extender

#16 Post by Ennovy »

The language settings is in clibor.xml: <LANG>en</LANG>
And the clibor folder contains a folder: .\locale\en\LC_MESSAGES
And there is a file lang.xml with only this info: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
Can you check that?

__philippe

#17 Post by __philippe »

Mystery solved, courtesy Ennovy ! :D

Somehow, Clibord intended directories structure got initially messed up, due to my careless use of 7z unpacking options.

Second attempt worked like a charm.

Thanks again !

__philippe

tactictoe

#18 Post by tactictoe »

Midas wrote:
tactictoe wrote:We are also considering to donate to the author to encourage him/her/them to encourage the development of this software. What is very rare in my company. That is how good is this software so far.
  • Outstanding. 8)
It's on the board for next month meeting. :wink:
smaragdus wrote:I totally agree that Clibor deserves to be included in the database. One more thing- it is extremely light, lighter than my other favourite, ArsClip- the only clipboard manager that I have tested which uses less memory than Clibor is CLCL. I suppose that you might be interested to have a look at one more similar program- Ethervane Echo, which has also been discussed here in the Forum.
We are testing them too, but FIFO and LIFO is what was attracting us into this product. I let you know the result of our bunch of crazy geek robotic engineer... that includes me, :roll:
Engineer in formation.jpg
Engineer in formation.jpg (9.36 KiB) Viewed 26609 times
Oh, I nearly forgot: special thank to MIDAS for FIFO and LIFO INFO, that was gold information for us. :D

__philippe

#19 Post by __philippe »

smaragdus wrote:@tactictoe
I totally agree that Clibor deserves to be included in the database. One more thing- it is extremely light, lighter than my other favourite, ArsClip- the only clipboard manager that I have tested which uses less memory than Clibor is CLCL. I suppose that you might be interested to have a look at one more similar program- Ethervane Echo, which has also been discussed here in the Forum.
Additional lightweight clipboard utilities :

53k InsideClipboard
57k Clipboardic
67k ClipX
76k ClipLog/ClipFind
76k QClip
188k DayClipboard
303k AutoText
352k CLCL
468k ClipGuru

For comparison:

1.6MB Clibor
5.0MB ArsClip

BTW, Really wish there was a PFC built-in function to sort DB entries by *.exe uncompressed size... :wink:

Billo255

#20 Post by Billo255 »

I've been using Clipmate (commercial product - both regular install and their portable versions) for the last decade. It's more of a heavy weight with a ton of features (and a learning curve to match).

I've looked at some of the free versions of clipboard managers in the past but they lacked a lot of features I depend on for work and a few of my hobbies (i.e., multiple databases, being able to capture and store images, Powerpaste (kind of like the FIFO, LIFO feature being discussed).

I don't think I could give up using Clipmate on my main PC but I wouldn't mind finding something a bit more basic to use on my laptop and 2 in 1 tablet. Being able to copy and store images would be a really desireable feature.

philippe - In the clipboard extenders you listed, do any of them handle images? (I know, I could check them all out but it looks like you may have already done the research... :)

Thanks
Bill

tactictoe

#21 Post by tactictoe »

@__philippe

Thanks for the Info, will put them on the list to test, thank you.

:D

__philippe

#22 Post by __philippe »

Billo255 wrote:... In the clipboard extenders you listed, do any of them handle images? (I know, I could check them all out but it looks like you may have already done the research... :)
Cheeky, cheeky...;-)
  • InsideClipboard: ...option to "Save As Image File". (Works only in Windows XP/2003/Vista, or in other systems that GDI+ is installed)
    ClipX: ..."Save Image As" Plugin 0.1: Lets you save image clipboards as PNG or JPG (Requires GDI+).
    DayClipboard: ...captures every text or image copied
    CLCL: ...Picture is displayed on a menu...supports all clipboard formats, including bitmaps
    ClipGuru:... "Save Image as" PNG or JPG
Cheers,

__philippe

Midas

#23 Post by Midas »

Billo255 wrote:I wouldn't mind finding something a bit more basic to use on my laptop and 2 in 1 tablet. Being able to copy and store images would be a really desireable feature.
FYI, ClipDiary (viewtopic.php?t=21501; <6.2KB private Bytes, <16KB working set), which has been my personal choice for almost as long, can do it...

Billo255

#24 Post by Billo255 »

__philippe wrote:FYI, ClipDiary (viewtopic.php?t=21501; <6.2KB private Bytes, <16KB working set), which has been my personal choice
Thanks Midas. I'll check this one out.
__philippe wrote:Cheeky, cheeky...
True.... :) although I prefer to think of it as a conservation of energy through the efficient use of available resources (read: corporate speak for "I'm being lazy as hell" :roll:)

Thank you for the list. I used used CLCL years ago before I found Clipmate. It'll be interesting to see what's been done with it.

Bill

smaragdus

#25 Post by smaragdus »

I added Clibor to the database, please vote.

I am Baas

#26 Post by I am Baas »

smaragdus wrote:added Clibor
Thank you + voted.

smaragdus

#27 Post by smaragdus »

@I am Baas, @TP109, @Ennovy
Thank you for voting, guys.

In fact the more I use Clibor the more I like it.

Ennovy

#28 Post by Ennovy »

smaragdus wrote:@I am Baas, @TP109, @Ennovy
Thank you for voting, guys.

In fact the more I use Clibor the more I like it.
Thanks for adding Clibor to the database :D

xor

#29 Post by xor »

Clipboard managers... Dunno which one is better!
1. CLIBOR: I have no doubt Clibor is the best for Text-only (and URLs) due to its FIFO-LIFO thing, low RAM footprint, ease of use, etc I use it by clicking the chosen clip and then CTRL+V to paste it, this is an unproductive and slow 2-step way to paste, I should use a NUMBER shortcut or a Double-click to paste... am I missing something? I've tested briefly.
2. CLIPDIARY: The best tested so far in general but the highest in resources use, very practical but not innovative
3. CLIPJUMP: Uses the most practical approach to paste clips but I sometimes find it hard to find the clip I want to paste and I find myself cycling through the whole history like a roulette :)
4. CLCL: Very resource friendly, practical and IT'S THE ONLY ONE that I have tested in different Text editors, Word processors and the like that ALWAYS HITS, the rest come to a point where they FAIL pasting images!!!!! It lacks TRIM-FORMATTING text before pasting
5. DITTO: Dunno, I'm afraid to test this monster and use it for simple things I do
6. ARSCLIP: Not tested yet... More of the same?

SOFTWARE THAT HAS NOT BEEN DEVELOPED:
If I had the time and skills I would create a clipboard Manager (another one?) that:
- Manages Text, URLs, Images, Files, Folders, graphics from propietary software (ouch, that must be hard to implement)
- Has FIFO-LIFO
- Uses very low resources and works fast and easy
- Doesn't interfere with the COPY/PASTE traditional methods of Windows
- GROUPS clips by category: Text-URLS, Images, Graphics, Files-Folders, Phrases, Code snippets, etc
- Can start SESSIONS of copy-paste that are separated (a SEPARATOR-BAR maybe in the menu) from the rest of the clipboard history
- Serves coffee... :)

lintalist

#30 Post by lintalist »

xor wrote:1. CLIBOR: I use it by clicking the chosen clip and then CTRL+V to paste it, this is an unproductive and slow 2-step way to paste, I should use a NUMBER shortcut or a Double-click to paste... am I missing something? I've tested briefly.
Just make sure you have "Automatically pasting" checked on the "Common 1" preferences tab. That way you can either click the item and have it pasted or type the number/letter shortcut for pasting it. Check out the Hotkeys tab to for how to bring up the Clibor window.
xor wrote:6. ARSCLIP: Not tested yet... More of the same?
Well worth trying. It has quite a few configuration options, which I used to make it work as close as possible to CLCL.