Emsisoft Emergency Kit [malware scanner]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Emsisoft Emergency Kit [malware scanner]

#1 Post by joby_toss »

[Mod note: the present is the official forum topic corresponding to TPFC's database entry for Emsisoft Emergency Kit: https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=2651]

Emsisoft Emergency Kit 1.0 Beta
  • - Your emergency kit for infected PCs!
    - Detects and removes Malware
    - >4 million known dangers
    - 100% portable - perfect for USB sticks
    - HiJackFree and BlitzBlank included
Download

How it works:
The Emsisoft Emergency Kit contains a collection of programs that can be used without a software installation to scan and clean infected computers for malware.
  • Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner
    Emsisoft Commandline Scanner
    Emsisoft HiJackFree
    Emsisoft BlitzBlank
Expand the content of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit to an USB stick and make your own universal tool to scan and clean infected PCs.

P.S. Emsisoft bought Online Armor.

guinness

Re: Emsisoft Emergency Kit 1.0 Beta

#2 Post by guinness »

Excellent find! I have seen this floating around the various tech blogs. Good to know it's Portable!

Kea

Emsisoft Emergency Kit

#3 Post by Kea »

Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a collection of portable software, intended to scan and clean infected computers for malware. No installation. Download from http://www.emsisoft.se/en/software/eek/ and unzip to a memory stick (USB) - 246 MB uncompressed. Start the different parts from Run\*.exe. The application is multilingual (28 languages).

The software

Emergency Kit Scanner (a2emergencykit.exe)
Includes a graphical user interface. Search the infected PC for viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, worms, dialers, keyloggers and other malign programs. Found malware can be moved to quarantine or finally deleted.

Commandline Scanner (a2cmd.exe)
This scanner contains the same functionality as the Emergency Kit Scanner but without a graphical user interface. The commandline tool is made for professional users and can be used perfectly for batch jobs. http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/cmd/ lists the parameters you can use.

HiJackFree (a2HiJackFree.exe)
HiJackFree is for advanced users who want to detect and remove malware manually. With HiJackFree you can manage all active processes, services, drivers, autoruns, open ports, hosts file entries and many more.

BlitzBlank (BlitzBlank.exe)
BlitzBlank is a tool for experienced users. It is often almost impossible to delete a malware file while Windows is running. BlitzBlank deletes files, registry entries and drivers at boot time before Windows and all other programs are loaded.

Napiophelios

Re: Emsisoft Emergency Kit

#5 Post by Napiophelios »

It writes to the registry still

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Emsi Software GmbH

Kea

#6 Post by Kea »

Sorry! I searched for Emsisoft but didn't see that link. But - then it was version 1 beta, now it is version 3.

But nothing in the registry. For Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor (Emsisoft Internet Security Pack, installed), yes, but not the Emergency Kit.

Karin

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Kea wrote:Sorry! I searched for Emsisoft but didn't see that link. But - then it was version 1 beta, now it is version 3.
No prob - merged topics

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

joby_toss

#9 Post by joby_toss »

Just tested the newly released version 11.0.0.6082, which runs only on Win 7, 8 and 10.

It comes at a whooping 451MB in size (the signatures are the ones taking most of the space - version 9 was only 179MB) and includes both x86 and x64 builds.

It asked to update the signatures on first run (you can deny it) and some small files were left behind in system's Temp folder:

Still couldn't find any relevant registry entries after I ran it and it still saves the settings (and Logs and Quarantine) in its own folder.

I think we're good to update the DB entry.

tactictoe

#10 Post by tactictoe »

I use this one for a very long time as tool to repair PC of my customers. It has never failed me. Good to know it is portable now, thanks for the find :)

nickoftime

#11 Post by nickoftime »

This is truly a great find... I ran it on my PC and it found registry keys that did not belong... carryover from a virus hit. Once again, great find, joby_toss!

demon.devin

#12 Post by demon.devin »

For a properly stealth version of Emsisoft Emergency Kit visit: viewtopic.php?t=23624

Dwel

#13 Post by Dwel »

The dl link didnt work. I got it from https://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe

But then:

2017-12-14 14_36_18-E__EEK.jpg

Midas

#14 Post by Midas »

Topic update: EEK v2020.4.0.10065 released 2020-02-04 (no changelog).

Cross-posting some EEK license and usage notes from viewtopic.php?p=96806#p96806.