Clipdiary [clipboard manager]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: Clipdiary

#16 Post by Midas »

Something I just found for the first time, ClipDiary's free version achievement "feature" popped up just now:

A smart promotion strategy, IMHO. :twisted:

smaragdus

#17 Post by smaragdus »

@Midas
Thanks for the info. At least I see 'don't ask me any more' check-box in your screen-shot and I hope that Clipdiary respects it and doesn't offer other surprises.

I am Baas

#18 Post by I am Baas »

I selected the "don't ask me anymore" checkbox. It was auto-deselected the next time I ran the program.

Midas

#19 Post by Midas »

I couldn't find where that setting was being stored either... :?

smaragdus

#20 Post by smaragdus »

@Midas
Perhaps "showShareMesageAfteXCount=0" in 'clipdiary.cfg'?

Midas

#21 Post by Midas »

smaragdus wrote:@Midas
Perhaps "showShareMesageAfteXCount=0" in 'clipdiary.cfg'?

I don't have, so no wonder... will test further.

smaragdus

#22 Post by smaragdus »

ClipDiary 3.8 has been released, changes:
Version 3.8December 22, 2015
- Added: Starred clips - use stars to easily mark clips as important, starred clips won't be deleted automatically.
- Added: Labels - you can create and use labels to organize your clips into folders, like Work, Important, Private, or any other category you want.
- Improved: search speed is increased.
- Fixed: Problem with showing large images in tooltip.
Note, I haven't used ClipDiary very extensively but showShareMesageAfteXCount=0 still works for me and I haven't yet seen pop-ups so far- if it happens that I see nags I will report here.

Midas

#23 Post by Midas »

Thanks for the info, smaragdus. I use ClipDiary everyday and got no further nags... 8)

billon

#24 Post by billon »

Version 3.9 (February 11, 2016)
  • Added: Smart Capture: You can use Smart Capture to catch data from any program (instead of CTRL+C or CTRL+Insert), even if the monitoring clipboard is disabled. Moreover, it is handy if you want save clip with label.
  • Added: New options: Open Clipdiary on the active monitor, improved works with multi-monitor configuration.
  • Added: Added Labels submenu into context menu.
  • Added: Paste List of Copied Files as plain text (SHIFT+Enter).
  • Improved: Advanced search behaviour.

Midas

#25 Post by Midas »

ClipDiary posted to the database: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=2787.

After so many years of faithful service, it was the least I could do. Please vote. :|

smaragdus

#26 Post by smaragdus »

@Midas
Good work, thank you for adding ClipDiary to the database, it was in my "to do" list, you spared me some efforts, I voted.

smaragdus

Re: ClipDiary 4.0

#27 Post by smaragdus »

ClipDiary at version 4.0, changes:
- Added: Database encryption support (AES-256)
- Added: Mouse hotkey (see Options -> Hot keys -> Mouse)
- Added: Support pasting in reverse order in Multiple Pasting window (F6)
- Added: "Clear filter and locate clip" button (Ctrl+F9)
- Added: %Position% macro in tooltip for quick copy
- Please note, this version does not support Windows XP

smaragdus

Re: ClipDiary - a question

#28 Post by smaragdus »

Midas initially added to the database the register-ware version but after someone was unable to retrieve a free license key he switched to Clipdiary Free which does not need registration but is no longer developed and is virtually dead. In my opinion we should switch back to the register-ware version which is still in active development. As I have pointed out before (here and here) one does not need to provide a valid e-mail address- all one needs is just to visit the registration page:

http://clipdiary.com/free-license/

and click "Get personal key" button- the free key is generated immediately and it can be copied from the web-page. I do not think this requires so much effort.

Since it was not me who added the program to the database I cannot interfere without asking others. So I would like to ask you- what do you think? Should we keep to the free but no longer updated version of ClipDiary or it would be better to switch to the register-ware version which requires three steps- opening a web-page, clicking a button and copying the automatically generated license key.

webfork

Re: ClipDiary - a question

#29 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote:Since it was not me who added the program to the database I cannot interfere without asking others. So I would like to ask you- what do you think? Should we keep to the free but no longer updated version of ClipDiary or it would be better to switch to the register-ware version which requires three steps- opening a web-page, clicking a button and copying the automatically generated license key.
I'm not a user of this program so I'm not very familiar with this program or the differences between the versions. However, it's not really registerware if you don't have to give your email address. Even if it was, we don't have a unilateral polciy against registerware.

I'm fine with the transition.

smaragdus

#30 Post by smaragdus »

If it is not register-ware, what kind of ware is ClipDiary? We should coin a new term?

Softpedia labels ClipDiary & Portable ClipDiary as freeware for personal use:
ClipDiary is free for personal use only! For commercial use, a paid license is mandatory.
So if we switch from ClipDiary Free to ClipDiary the steps how to get a free registration key should be included in the description?