We just released MobaXterm version 8.1 which brings some bug fixes, some improvements and a full compatibility with the final release of Windows 10.
The major bug fixes are for the "duplicate tab" and "SFTP browser" features which did not properly work on some environments.
Overall startup speed and SSH connections have also been improved.
Full changelog :
- Bugfix: corrected the SFTP browser which was not displayed if you used a private SSH key with no passphrase
- Bugfix: advanced terminal settings were not accessible for telnet sessions
- Bugfix: corrected an issue with Powershell and Cmd sessions when a startup folder was specified
- Bugfix: the "duplicate tab" feature did not work in previous version
- Bugfix: SSH keys in a shared folder with UNC path were not handled correctly
- Bugfix: terminal resize was not handled correctly when asked by "screen", "tmux" or "reset" programs
- Bugfix: corrected the SFTP browser which did not work with GSSAPI SSH connections
- Bugfix: corrected an issue with "ascii" command which exited without displaying ascii table
- Bugfix: removed some code which made some antivirus detect games executable as false-positive
- Bugfix: the "-exec" feature was not working correctly with ssh commands in previous version
- Improvement: improved the KeepAlive function by enabling/disabling the application-level keepalive feature AND the TCP keepalive feature simultaneously
- Improvement: added some debugging information for MoTTY connections (right-click on the terminal and choose "Event log" to show it)
- Improvement: popup windows for fatal connection errors are now printed to the terminal output
- Improvement: display SSH banner before the remote server banner for better readibility
- Improvement: replaced Ctrl+Insert shortcut by Ctrl+Shift+Insert for pasting in the terminal
- Improvement: added Ctrl+0 shortcut for resetting fonts size to default
- Improvement: added the Ctrl+Left_arrow / Ctrl+Right_arrow keyboard shortcuts for "forward-word" / "backward-word" in terminal
- Improvement: increased startup speed especially if you have many sessions folders
- Improvement: you can now save your SSH keys passphrases the same way as you save passwords if you activate the setting in "Manage passwords" window
- Improvement: a middle-click on a SFTP browser item copies the item path to the SSH session
- Improvement: added the VAGRANT_DETECTED_OS environment variable which allows Vagrant to work correctly inside MobaXterm
- Improvement: if SFTP browser does not work because your remote server echoes some text, an explicit warning message is displayed in MobaXterm log file
- Improvement: added a new script which allows to create MobaXterm sessions from a plain text list of servers: "ServersListToMxtSessions.sh"
We hope you will enjoy this new release. As usual, you can download it here: http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html
and it is still portable and stealth
Thank you again for supporting MobaXterm, we are proud to see that people enjoy working with it!