TAudioConverter

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ozok

Re: TAudioConverter

#61 Post by ozok »

I haven't had a chance to update the official web site. The latest version is 0.9.8.

SYSTEM

#62 Post by SYSTEM »

ozok wrote:I haven't had a chance to update the official web site. The latest version is 0.9.8.
All right. I updated the database entry. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

ozok

#63 Post by ozok »

Thanks.

giulia

#64 Post by giulia »

SYSTEM wrote:
giulia wrote:TAudioConverter version: 0.9.8 is out stable
I see it's available for download, but it's not mentioned in the changelog or announced in the website. Looks like it hasn't been released just yet.
hi
i got the update chacking help->check update
there is a changelog ,but i can't paste and copy

ozok

#65 Post by ozok »

I've released 0.9.9 which mostly updates components. Changes:

Code: Select all

-Added: [General] Option to switch between codecs and presets is now more user-friendly
-Added: [General] Presets for Monkey's Audio format
-Fixed: [General] MP3 VBR presets would not update vbr bar in codec settings window
-Updated: Skin component
-Updated: FFMpeg to N-72709-g42db4aa
-Updated: Tag libraries
-Updated: MediaInfo
-Updated: lossyWav to 1.4.0
-Updated: FDKAAC to 0.6.2
-Updated: WavPack to 4.75.0
-updated: Monkey's Audio to 4.16
-updated: OggEnc2 to 2.87 using libVorbis v1.3.5

SYSTEM

#66 Post by SYSTEM »

ozok wrote:I've released 0.9.9 which mostly updates components. Changes:

-Added: [General] Option to switch between codecs and presets is now more user-friendly
-Fixed: [General] MP3 VBR presets would not update vbr bar in codec settings window
Thank you. Entry updated. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

giulia

#67 Post by giulia »

ozok wrote:I've released 0.9.9 which mostly updates components. Changes:

hi
may i know the meaning of the asterisk in some codec ?

for example itunes aac

ozok

#68 Post by ozok »

They mean that these codecs requires additional software to be installed to function properly. I was writing an help file for TAC and those asterisks were part of this plan. Needless to say I didn't finish that help file.

giulia

#69 Post by giulia »

ozok wrote:They mean that these codecs requires additional software to be installed to function properly. I was writing an help file for TAC and those asterisks were part of this plan. Needless to say I didn't finish that help file.
hi Ozok
thanks
even fhgaacenc.exe or neroAacEnc.exe do they need components ?

i have and i want to keep 0.9.7 built 3835 , because only fhgaac fraunhofer have an asterisk

ozok

#70 Post by ozok »

nerooaac itself must be in the program folder, I cannot distribute it. But it does not need other software.
fhgaacenc needs winamp to run. It uses a dll that comes with winamp.
Qaac need itunes or applesoftwaresupport installed. There are ways to overcome this, for example, you can extract necessary dll's from itunes setup and copy them to qaac folder.

I suggest you update to 0.9.9. There aren't many differences in TAC code between 0.9.9 and 0.9.8-0.9.7, but most of the backends got updates and improvements.

giulia

#71 Post by giulia »

ozok wrote:nerooaac itself must be in the program folder, I cannot distribute it. But it does not need other software.
fhgaacenc needs winamp to run. It uses a dll that comes with winamp.
Qaac need itunes or applesoftwaresupport installed. There are ways to overcome this, for example, you can extract necessary dll's from itunes setup and copy them to qaac folder.

I suggest you update to 0.9.9. There aren't many differences in TAC code between 0.9.9 and 0.9.8-0.9.7, but most of the backends got updates and improvements.
yes i would like to update
but after i can't use fhgaacenc or quaac ,it will be a big problem
i mean i like TAudioConverter because it's a beautiful software and i don't like itunes or winamp (i don't want to install them ), i use foobar

but does TEncoder Video Converter need software to be installed like TAudioConverter ?

ozok

#72 Post by ozok »

No, TEncoder does not require 3rd party in order to function.

All the versions of TAC require these 3rd party tools, including 0.9.7 that you are using. You probably have the dlls required by those backends placed somewhere. So updating to the latest version shouldn't make any difference. You can use portable version to test two versions in the same PC without a conflict.

giulia

#73 Post by giulia »

ozok wrote:As @loin2kolpotoru said this bug is fixed in beta releases, located here: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconver ... /downloads but thanks anyway. I've commited many changes to source repo but I can't find time to release a new beta or stable version.

BTW how should TAC handle temp files on portable version? Currently it uses host system's temp folder but some users want it use its own folder. I'm afraid this will slow down encoding. What you guys think about it? Should there be an option to switch between these two options?

Cheers.
hi
may i ask you a question?
will you develop TAudioConverter too ?
or will TEncoder include all the TAudioConverter feautures ?
would be amazing have discoGs tagging and a burn engine , but i guess it too much
thanks ozok

ozok

#74 Post by ozok »

@giulia two projects are completely different, combining them into a single project would mean a re-write. I have several ideas for TAC but none of them are small so any change or improvement I can think of requires time.

webfork

#75 Post by webfork »

ozok wrote:What you guys think about it? Should there be an option to switch between these two options?
I have no problem with the system TEMP drive but I'd suggest the ability to pick your temp folder is ideal for speed reasons. I for example have a system on a magnetic drive but I could push the TEMP folder to an external, high speed flash media to speed encoding on major operations. Similarly, some systems just by virtue of USB 3.0 have a faster run speed external to the local hard drive. This is again unusual but it would be an argument for a temp file in the local folder.

I think few users would really utilize this for anything but fairly intense operations so I'm not sure this is a critical feature. I certainly wouldn't put this at the top of your list.