Easy service optimizer - disable unnecessary Win services

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
klon

Easy service optimizer - disable unnecessary Win services

#1 Post by klon »

By disabling unnecessary services, the performance can be improved significantly, especially on computers with low system resources , Easy service optimizer (Eso) is a portable freeware to optimize almost all Windows services (except windows 98 and below) and It does not require any technical knowledge , It is very safe to use because it changes only the startup typ of the services and You can restore them easily

How to Use
After unzip run it , Eso can detect your Operating system automatically and will show appropriate Windows services list , now you have 4 choice :
1. Default (Your current windows service list)
2. Safe (You can use it without any risk)
3. Tweaked (Optimized)
4. Extrem (Optimization level is very high)
After selection use “Apply settings” button
NOTE: The service Lists include only optimization capable services (Not All of them)

More info and Download link
http://www.sordum.org/8637/easy-service-optimizer-v1-0/

webfork

Re: Easy service optimizer v1.0

#2 Post by webfork »

Looks good and I've liked some of sordum's freeware, but I hesitate at the suggestion that you don't need technical knowledge to use this and that system services aren't necessary.  Some are and some aren't but that's really something where you should know what you're doing.

klon

#3 Post by klon »

The service Lists include only optimization capable services (Not All of them) and this is the reason why we have used "It does not require any technical knowledge" sentences , novice users should only select the Optimization level

- Safe
- Tweaked
- Extreme

and Apply changes That is all , if doesn't like the Optimization , they can use Restore button
Thanks for your Comment

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

klon wrote:the reason why we have used "It does not require any technical knowledge" sentences , novice users should only select the Optimization level
Thanks for the detail there. I downloaded it and checked out what it disables but my knowledge of system services has gone down since I moved to Win7 so I really don't have an analysis about the value around what it's it's disabling in Safe/Tweaked/Extreme views. Maybe a help file giving some background/understanding of the services it's disabling and why would help there?

Still, it's a cool idea. Not everything Microsoft sticks in Windows is something you're going to use.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

@klon

Thanks for ESO. Please consider adding a "Custom" tab next to the "Default", "Safe", "Tweaked", and "Extreme" ones. Thanks.

klon

#6 Post by klon »

webfork wrote:[I downloaded it and checked out what it disables but my knowledge of system services has gone down since I moved to Win7 so I really don't have an analysis about the value around what it's it's disabling in Safe/Tweaked/Extreme views. Maybe a help file giving some background/understanding of the services it's disabling and why would help there?

Still, it's a cool idea. Not everything Microsoft sticks in Windows is something you're going to use.
There is a small info at the end of the page
Source : For the Windows services Optimizations , we have used Black Viper web page’s tweaks partially , mey be you can throw a glance
I am Baas wrote:Thanks for ESO. Please consider adding a "Custom" tab next to the "Default", "Safe", "Tweaked", and "Extreme" ones. Thanks.
It can be possible ,I like the Idea Thanks for your advice

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

@klon

That would be awesome, thanks.

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

Easy service optimizer v1.1 is available:
What is New – (21.07.2015)

1. [ Fixed ] – Tooltips doesn’t work on some systems
2. [ Fixed ] – Easy service oprimizer show wrong list on Windows 10
3. [ Added ] – Sorting by columns
4. [ Added ] – List indicator (lower right corner)
http://www.sordum.org/8637/easy-service-optimizer-v1-1/

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

License: Freeware (no redistribution): http://www.sordum.org/wp-content/upload ... eeware.pdf

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

Just a note that I've tested the default (lowest) service optimizer settings with some success. There was clearly some stuff running I didn't need.

klon

#11 Post by klon »

webfork wrote:License: Freeware (no redistribution): http://www.sordum.org/wp-content/upload ... eeware.pdf
İf you give a link to homepage why not ?

Midas

#12 Post by Midas »

For some reason (I suspect adblocking) the embedded Postimg screenshot isn't being shown by my side...

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

klon wrote:İf you give a link to homepage why not ?
I don't understand the question.

SYSTEM

#14 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
klon wrote:İf you give a link to homepage why not ?
I don't understand the question.
I'll quote the EULA (emphasis original):
2. Distribution of SOFTWARE.
You may make copies of the SOFTWARE as you wish; give exact copies of the original SOFTWARE
to anyone; and distribute the SOFTWARE in its unmodified form via electronic means. (Under one
circumstance : You must give a direct link the Original download page or Home page of the
sordum.org)
, You may not charge any fees for the copy or use of the SOFTWARE itself. You must not
represent in any way that you are selling the SOFTWARE itself. Your distribution of the SOFTWARE
will not entitle you to any compensation from Sordum.org. You must distribute a copy of this EULA
with any copy of the SOFTWARE and anyone to whom you distribute the SOFTWARE is subject to
this EULA.
You had simplified the license to "freeware (no redistribution)", which is simply not true. Redistribution is allowed. The conditions for redistribution are:
  • The program must not be modified.
  • There must be a link to sordum.org.
  • Money can't be charged for distribution.
(Plus a few standard conditions, such as that the people who receive a copy from you must be bound by the same EULA.)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#15 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:You had simplified the license to "freeware (no redistribution)", which is simply not true
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I'm happy to be wrong about that as no-redistribution licenses make mirroring old programs or program versions problematic.