ExMplayer (Cross Platform Opensource Media Player)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
loin2kolpotoru

ExMplayer (Cross Platform Opensource Media Player)

#1 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

ExMplayer (Extended MPlayer) is a GUI front-end specially designed for MPlayer with flow view and tools like media cutter, audio extractor and audio converter. It can play audio, video, DVD files (.vob), VCD files and supports network streaming. Plays hundreds of different video and audio formats, including MPEG-1, -2 and -4 (DivX), H.264, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and AAC. Supports subtitles, subtitle decoding is done using the ASS library. It can play any media formats without any external codecs. ExMplayer comes with support for Winamp DSP Effect Plug-ins, 8 audio effects and filters, 17 video effects and filters, 199 audio and 416 video codecs. In addition to the standard playback features, the latest ExMplayer version brings 3D video support for passive polarized glasses if you want to watch 3D videos, and also a wide variety of 3D output formats (Side-by-Side, Side-by-Side Half size, etc, Anaglyph Red/Cyan color, Anaglyph Yellow/Blue color, Anaglyph Red/Cyan Dubois), a Volume booster (up to 5000% boost), H265/HEVC support, a built-in audio and video equalizer and more.

Links -

http://exmplayer.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

http://ftp3.ie.freebsd.org/pub/download ... e-3.2.0.7z

webfork

Re: ExMplayer (Cross Platform Opensource Media Player)

#2 Post by webfork »

Stealth: No, writes Trolltech junk to registry.

Some other notes about this player:
  • Also appears to extract audio, hover over the progress bar for a thumbnail of that part of the video, and cutter that claims to maintain quality of cut files.
  • Includes a video downloader, but I think it's a front end for the same downloader several other programs on here use. Still, nice to have it all in one package
  • Has a remarkable number of features, most notably support for 3D in what appears to be several formats for a variety of different devices. I was impressed with what it did to this youtube video the program downloaded though I don't have a method to actually test this. At this point it's just a nifty toy.
  • Doesn't allow you to run multiple instances of the program.
  • Cross-platform but no Mac client yet (Linux and Windows)

Warning: you might want to watch your system for the appearance of a program "dllhost.exe" after running a 3D video. After I ran this, I got a gradually expanding "COM Surrogate" until it filled up all my RAM and was forced to reboot. You can't just "End Process" the program (I run Win7x64 system). Some limited research shows this is a problem with 3D-enabled video so I hesitate to say Exmplayer is at fault; it looks like a Windows system issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 96d?page=6

Negatively the only way I was able to resolve it was with a reboot, unlike some of the suggestions in the post above.

smaragdus

Re: ExMplayer (Cross Platform Opensource Media Player)

#3 Post by smaragdus »

ExMplayer 5.0.0 has been released. Changes for version 5.0.0:
- Movie Animator
- Improved thumbnail seeking
- Some performance improvements