DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Midas

Re: DropIt

#1306 Post by Midas »

Thanks to you, eagle eye... :mrgreen:

top_dollar

#1307 Post by top_dollar »

So anyone see that when DropIT moves a file it changes the permissions?

Malawirel

#1308 Post by Malawirel »

I wonder if it is possible to customize folder destinations when using the FTP upload function.

I used the following remote destination:

Code: Select all

/%CurrentYear%/%CurrentMonth%-%CurrentMonthName%/%CurrentDay%
Unfortunately, the files were not uploaded to /2015/05-May/07/. Instead, they were uploaded to "/%CurrentYear%/%CurrentMonth%-%CurrentMonthName%/%CurrentDay%".

Are there any syntax errors in my remote destination or is the custom destination feature not supported when using FTP?

I tested the exact same destination for the simple "Move" feature and it's working. I would also like to do this with FTP.

Lupo73

#1309 Post by Lupo73 »

I made some fixes to the code:
- to correctly run on Win8 / Win8.1
- to support abbreviations for Upload action

This is the test version:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... leTEST.zip
Let me know if works!

@Mark: I moved a file named "01. Rudolf Barshai, WDR Sinfonieorchester Köln - SYMPHONY No.12 in D minor, Op.112 'The Year 1917'- I. Revolutionary Petrograd- Moderato-Allegro-Più mosso-Allegro" without problems. Could you report me the complete association are you using (rules, action, destination)?

@zombiehype: I'll try to search for a possible solution.

@top_dollar: Yes, it changes permissions to be sure to process files. Anyway I'll add an option to disable it.

JD Moons

Re: DropIt Email

#1310 Post by JD Moons »

I love your product and would like to use it to email files as attachments to a fixed email address by means of the command line. But how do I suppress the confirmation pop-up. I'd like to just run the command and done. No email confirmation pop-up is required because the email sender and recipient is always the same.

Lupo73

#1311 Post by Lupo73 »

JD Moons wrote:I love your product and would like to use it to email files as attachments to a fixed email address by means of the command line. But how do I suppress the confirmation pop-up. I'd like to just run the command and done. No email confirmation pop-up is required because the email sender and recipient is always the same.
In the last release I added the option "AlertMail" that you can set to "False" to avoid the pop-up window. You need to manually set this option editing the configuration INI file. You can find more info at paragraph 4.4 of the "Guide.pdf". :wink:

JD Moons

#1312 Post by JD Moons »

Lupo73 wrote:
JD Moons wrote:I love your product and would like to use it to email files as attachments to a fixed email address by means of the command line. But how do I suppress the confirmation pop-up. I'd like to just run the command and done. No email confirmation pop-up is required because the email sender and recipient is always the same.
In the last release I added the option "AlertMail" that you can set to "False" to avoid the pop-up window. You need to manually set this option editing the configuration INI file. You can find more info at paragraph 4.4 of the "Guide.pdf". :wink:
I checked the guide.pdf and it gives clear instructions about how to set the parameter, but I don't find the settings.ini file anywhere. If I create one myself in the C:\Program Files\DropIt folder and I start DropIt, the settings.ini file disappears.

Lupo73

#1313 Post by Lupo73 »

If you use the installed version, you may find settings.ini file in a "DropIt" folder in "Roaming" directory (or "documents and settings").

SAMARSH

Re: DropIt Association Ambiguities/Conflicts

#1314 Post by SAMARSH »

Hi Board, hoping you can help me with Association Ambiguities and Conflicts in v8.1, I contacted Andrea and he suggested that I post over here for more ideas…

I am only using a single custom Association setup, all others are turned off. Inside this Association setup, are 4 simple rules - however the issue is only with three of the rules as they all affect the same file extension. The setup is as follows:

1. Source Folder: copy *.xxx extension filtered files to a second, separate “Backup” folder (this rule has been set as a star “favourite” so that it is performed first)
2. Move the *.xxx files from the first Source folder to a third “Processing” folder
3. Rename the *.xxx files in the third “Processing” folder

Step 1 happens before steps 2 and 3 as it has a star favourite setting, however I can’t get step 2 to happen before step 3.

If I put an additional star favourite on step 2, there is a conflict with step 1. I have not had any success with the all of the options for managing duplicates. I have also looked into adding filters on the rules with no success.

I have tried different combinations of the above steps using different actions, however I can’t achieve the desired result.

There must be some sort of “processing pipeline” or “order of operations” that I can use to get step 1 to happen before step 2 and step 2 before step 3.

If the rules within an Association could be processed in numeric/alphabetic order that would of course help as one could simply number the rules in order to set processing order. If it means setting up a single rule and having multiple Associations using one rule, that is OK too. I just need to set the order of processing. Not being a programmer, I would imagine that there is some undocumented processing order?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for reading my post!

hitnrun30

#1315 Post by hitnrun30 »

Does Anyone else have this issue. If I use ++ to rename a file and there is an underscore in the name, the underscore is removed.

tproli

#1316 Post by tproli »

When using "Open with" feature, if the "%File%" is not added to the "Destination Program" field, DropIt automatically appends it (apparently). Is there a way to disable this?

I would need to pass parameters to nircmd with escaped quotes but DropIt adds double quotes, so I cannot use %File% directly.
Using "%ParentDir%\%FileName%.%FileExt%" would be fine, but in this case %File% is not present, so DropIt appends, making the passed parameters invalid for the target application.

I also tried tricks like %File#r(%File%,%File%)% to add an empty string that contains %File%, but no luck.

Lupo73

#1317 Post by Lupo73 »

@SAMARSH: if someone would like to collaborate to the code, we could consider to implement sequential/multiple actions.

@hitnrun30: I fixed it in the following pre-release. Let me know.

@tproli: I fixed it. Now double quotes are not automatically added and %File% is automatically added only if "FixOpenWithDestination" option is True (default value).

Here the updated version:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

SAMARSH

#1318 Post by SAMARSH »

Thanks Lupo, I think that adding support for a set order of operations based on numeric and or alphabetical would be a great addition. In my case, this was for use as a monitored folder that was running unattended. You already have the first operation with the favourite “star” that can be applied, so perhaps if you could add multiple stars, or have a star #1, start #2 etc. with different levels of priority that would probably help many.

You suggested that I look into filters. I finally managed to use a properties filter based on date created that appears to be working.

On another topic, I can’t get any of the three delete actions to work (Win 7 Pro 32bit). They all come up with a process failed error. The logged in user is Admin and I have tried running DropIt as admin etc.

tproli

#1319 Post by tproli »

Lupo73 wrote:Now double quotes are not automatically added and %File% is automatically added only if "FixOpenWithDestination" option is True (default value)
Thanks, works like charm!

Do you plan to add an abbreviation %DropItDir%? Now I specify relative paths with "..\" et al but it would be better to be able to add absolute paths.
Of course the best would be to have a relative path to absolute path conversion modifier, something like

Code: Select all

abspath(%DropItDir%\..\MyDir\MyApp.exe)
This could ensure cmdline applications to receive full paths.

So far all my associations are fine with relative paths but I know there are applications that accepts only absolute paths.

Simplicity

#1320 Post by Simplicity »

First off, I would like to say that this is a fantastic program! Lupo and the community really did a great job! I did have a quick question regarding dates and excuse me for asking anything really simple, but I am a bit newer to the IT scene and still learning.

Is it possible to do a basic mathematical change to the current date via abbreviations or some other means? I ask because I receive a lot of ftp files on the 1st or even the 25th of a month, but they are related to the previous month, and as such, I have to make sure I associate the file with it's appropriate month. For instance, I received a file this morning which has nothing to do with July, and data for all of June. In my folder it would be set up as "2015_06" for everything I receive this month, and next month it would be "2015_07".

Any assistance would be helpful. And thank you in advance.