Dev-PHP IDE

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
scamme

Dev-PHP IDE

#1 Post by scamme »

Dev-PHP IDE is portable version of PHP IDE that includes: syntax highlighting, web browser, preview (as long as php-cgi.exe location specified), compiler, FTP, customizable tool bar...

screenshot:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screensh ... p_id=54728

web site:
http://devphp.sourceforge.net/

combo

good php IDE

#2 Post by combo »

I use Codelobster php edition and like it so far. Its features simplify my live.
If to basic ones - code highlighting, an intelligent outocomplete for php and html, jump to function or class

declaration as in MS Visual Studio, and step by step debugger.

And additional plus to it is small size.

http://www.codelobster.com

It's free source.

scamme

#3 Post by scamme »

I simply use PSPad and usbwebserver - never get used to any kind of IDE really. This was just an free, portable utility submission suggestion that overlooked or rejected.

portackager

#4 Post by portackager »

I tried this before, I had problem with file paths and the GUI didn't display properly. I'll give it a second try.

portackager

#5 Post by portackager »

Just tried it and Ooh I like it. :D

scamme

#6 Post by scamme »

I'm pretty new to all registry related, but "Codelobster" writes something to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.clpprj.
It is working fine but i got a hard time to setup the debugging settings though.

Smegzor

#7 Post by Smegzor »

I used this when I was first getting into PHP, but I found Notepad++ more useful and just use that.

mindreframer

Debug settings for CodeLobster PHP

#8 Post by mindreframer »

Hello scamme, could you please describe, how you managed to get debugger to work in Codelobster? Did you use a portable webserver? (like PAMPA or USB Webserver) Would be really nice, if you could share your experiences. Thanks!
scamme wrote:I'm pretty new to all registry related, but "Codelobster" writes something to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.clpprj.
It is working fine but i got a hard time to setup the debugging settings though.

scamme

#9 Post by scamme »

Hi mindreframer, i did missed the post :-)
If i remember correctly - the parser version number was the issue in my setup. I just entered 5.2.4 (PHP version currently installed on my machine) and it worked for me. Codelobster has some basic setting that you can find here, under debugger list item. You must have configured apache installation to use this.

Hope it helps.

mindreframer

Thanks

#10 Post by mindreframer »

Hi scamme,

thank you very much! Will try to install apache, a complete portable solution would be nicer, thogh ;) But hey, maybe I'll figure it out and post it!

scamme

#11 Post by scamme »

You can install apache as part of HTTP server suit like XAMPP or WOS or USBWEBSERVER.

clod

Re: Dev-PHP IDE

#12 Post by clod »

Codelobster PHP Edition has released official portable version.

webfork

Re: Dev-PHP IDE

#13 Post by webfork »

clod wrote:Codelobster PHP Edition has released official portable version.
I'm not optimistic.

* Free, but you're required to register
* No indication they mean "portable" as in a USB drive or "portable" as in multi-platform
* Plugins for various things like facebook are not free