CodeBank

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
J-P-W

CodeBank

#1 Post by J-P-W »

Store code in a number of languages, code is colour coded.

The program states:

Codebank uses relative paths for it's databanks as long as they are in the subtree of the program's directory.

Codebank also uses it's own configuration file instead of windows registry to save it's configuration.

This allows for CodeBank to be used from a removable media. The auto-Open-last-databank feature is also compatible with removable media and will allow you to get access to your data quickly.

http://www.zeraha.org

If like me the download fails, go to Snapfiles to get it, then use Universal Extractor to get the files.

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Posted to the database. Thanks!

The built-in syntax highlighting is really neato. The filtered-view search makes it double-neato! Definitely a keeper.

BGM

Re: CodeBank

#3 Post by BGM »

Salve! I have used this application for years, and haven't found anything else like it that has equivalent functionality.

I really wanted a few fixes and features in this program, but after having tried to contact the authour to no avail, and after seeing my comments on his website make past moderation, I gave up and used ResHacker to get a few of them.

Using Resource Hacker, I was able to achieve the following features:
1. worwrap in the comments area
2. change to a sans serif font in the comments area
3. Removed "scroll past end of line" which caused the cursor to sit anywhere you put it. Now it acts like any other cursor.
4. Removed "smart tabs" and "tabs to spaces"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To edit: Open CodeBank with ResourceHacker.
(When finished, Compile and Save)
Go to: RCData/TEDITORFRAME/0

**To edit the text options for the Code Editor:
object Memo: TSynMemo
Options = eoScrollPastEol
Tabwidth = 4
Font.Name = 'Courier New' -original: Font.Name = 'MS Sans Serif'

**To edit the Comments Panel:
object Comments: TSynMemo
WordWrap = True

object SynEditPrint: TSynEditPrint
Tabwidth = 4
Font.Name = 'Courier New' -original: Font.Name = 'MS Sans Serif'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be willing to upload a copy of my hacked edition, but it probably breaks a license or protocol somewhere.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Thanks for that, BGM. About the posting of the hacked version, if the dev doesn't return contact for years, he's probably abandoned this work and it's not very likely he'll complain (no complaint = no misdemeanor). YMMV, though... :mrgreen:

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Midas wrote:if the dev doesn't return contact for years, he's probably abandoned this work
:roll: :o

http://www.zeraha.org was updated just over a year ago.

BGM

#6 Post by BGM »

Yes, I know he updated his site, but that didn't seem to help. When I visit the CodeBank page, I can still see my last two comments from November 29, 2011 marked as "Awaiting Moderation" - which means they've never been reviewed or posted.

If I want to share the one that I "made", how can I do it? Is there any way to "attach" a file in this forum? Or could it be added as a second link in the CodeBank entry on the program page?

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

(Small) Topic update: CodeBank dev still around -- last 2014-06-22 he stated his willingness to update the program...

(see http://zeraha.org/2011/06/codebank-hier ... mment-2238).

BGM

#8 Post by BGM »

I use this program ALL the time and have never yet found an application so versatile.
It hasn't been updated since 2011, and it needs some fixes.
However, I do see that my comments finally passed moderation!

Midas

#9 Post by Midas »

BGM wrote:However, I do see that my comments finally passed moderation!
  • Yep, I did notice that, too... :roll:

BGM

#10 Post by BGM »

I'd love to get ahold of the source code, except that it's written in Delphi.