ghacks.net needs your help

Any other tech-related topics
freakazoid

ghacks.net needs your help

#1 Post by freakazoid »

Martin, the author of one of TPFC's favorite blogs, ghacks.net, needs help funding the site to keep it going:
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/02/27/ghacks ... your-help/

If you frequent his site a lot like I do, consider whitelisting your adblocker when you view his site. Martin is also trying out Patreon to fund the site for $1 / month.

I've just whitelisted ghacks.net and am thinking of funding on Patreon. Hope you do the same!
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

Re: ghacks.net needs your help

#2 Post by webfork »

freakazoid wrote:I've just whitelisted ghacks.net
Yep. Though this doesn't really solve what seems like an ongoing race-to-the-bottom that is internet advertising. There's got to be a 3rd option that doesn't involve Paypal or one of the various distributed currencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.).

It's also disturbing to think how many good businesses and efforts will basically go under in a matter of weeks if Google just slightly modifies it's system.

guinness

Re: ghacks.net needs your help

#3 Post by guinness »

It was inevitable that sooner or later this revenue stream method would eventually run its course. I know it's not Martin's fault ,but if ads weren't so obtrusive, then there wouldn't have been any need for these ad blockers. The fact he or anyone has been able to make a living for such a long time is still amazing to me, as I never saw this back at the end of the 90s.