Portable app that can do incremental backup?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Peter202

Portable app that can do incremental backup?

#1 Post by Peter202 »

Can you recommend me some good portable application that can do incremental backup and also encrypt the backup data?

lintalist

Re: Portable app that can do incremental backup?

#2 Post by lintalist »

I think you might give Areca http://www.areca-backup.org/features.php a try, I'm not a 100% sure it fully portable but I think so see TPFC thread: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 20&t=11347

Edit: does require java. I've been using it for quite a while using incremental backups and works out for me but I just installed it. It is nice to be able go back to a version of a document from last week or older.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Peter202 wrote:Can you recommend me some good portable application that can do incremental backup and also encrypt the backup data?
I recommend Duplicati. I've had mixed experience with it's cloud service connections, but saving to a local drive has been great. There are a ton of settings but I recommend sticking with the defaults, which include incremental backup and encryption.

Peter202

#4 Post by Peter202 »

Areca Backup looks as a good backup solution. I will test it.
webfork wrote: I recommend Duplicati. I've had mixed experience with it's cloud service connections, but saving to a local drive has been great. There are a ton of settings but I recommend sticking with the defaults, which include incremental backup and encryption.
What version of Duplicati are you using? I tried to set up a connection for google drive and sky drive but i was unable to. My OS is Windows 7.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote:What version of Duplicati are you using? I tried to set up a connection for google drive and sky drive but i was unable to. My OS is Windows 7.
I'm on 1.3.4. There my have been some updates to both those services that Duplicati hasn't caught up with yet.