Task List Guru (DotNET PIM)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Task List Guru (DotNET PIM)

#1 Post by Midas »

Task List Guru (TLG) didn't look natively portable at first sight, with no mention of the file menu feature to create a portable copy. Upon execution, TLG also complained no DotNET v4.0 was installed in my Windows XP Pro SP3 and offered to download it; but when I declined, it ran without issue.

To sum it up, TLG can be (Uni)extracted and it runs portably if a 'stdl7configportable.xml' file and a 'Databases' exist in its folder -- otherwise, settings are saved to '%APPDATA%\Dextronet\Swift To-Do List' and 'HKCU\Software\Dextronet'.
  • [url]http://www.dextronet.com/task-list-guru[/url] author wrote:Task List Guru is a free task list organizer ideal for personal task management and small project management. You can organize not just tasks, but also task lists, notes and reminders. Task List Guru has a hierarchical task list tree with icons that allows you to organize all your todo lists and notes in a structure with icons.
Download latest TLG release (currently v4.127) from http://www.dextronet.com/task-list-guru/.

JohnW

Re: Task List Guru (DotNET PIM)

#2 Post by JohnW »

Post not up to Midas's usual standard.
After Uniextraction do you run the exe?
Or do you add to the app folder.
Then ...
Is 'stdl7configportable.xml' an empty file?
Is 'Databases' an empty file or an empty folder?

Or am I being particularly obtuse?

Worth asking the questions as the program seems to have garnished a few plaudits.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

JohnW wrote:After Uniextraction do you run the exe? Or do you add to the app folder.
Then ...
Is 'stdl7configportable.xml' an empty file?
Is 'Databases' an empty file or an empty folder?
  • Sorry for that. I didn't test this one extensively, but I think that you do have to add both the empty 'stdl7configportable.xml' file and the empty 'Databases' folder prior to running TLG executable if you want it to run portably...

JohnW

#4 Post by JohnW »

Thank you - much appreciated!