EVACopy - backup tool with versioning

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

Re: backup with versioning

#16 Post by guinness »

The developer currently has the source code for v5.2 hosted on SourceForge and not the currently release. I am sure this is against the TOS.

Midas

#17 Post by Midas »

@webfork: for easier retrieval, I suggest changing the subject of OP to "EVACopy (backup with versioning)"... Thanks. :)

Enternal

#18 Post by Enternal »

Great. Another interesting app I will have to test out further. I do have to say but the interface could definitely be done better. It's a tad confusing and the developer is using terms that are not typical for backup and such. Other than that, it's small and simple enough. I like what I see so far.

I also found Karen's Replicator: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp
and it's very well received on Wilders but it seems like it does not support versioning. Source code is also available but unfortunately, development is stopped because the developer, died a long time ago. Really sad because I realized I remember reading about the software when I was a little kid so there's a sense of nostalgia too...

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

Enternal wrote:unfortunately, development is stopped because the developer, died a long time ago. Really sad because I realized I remember reading about the software when I was a little kid so there's a sense of nostalgia too...
That's evidently true. Not sure how I'd celebrate or even know if some of the good people in freeware passed.

It's especially strange because so many of these programs get used by so many thousands of people and we rarely know who's behind them.

SYSTEM

#20 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
Enternal wrote:unfortunately, development is stopped because the developer, died a long time ago. Really sad because I realized I remember reading about the software when I was a little kid so there's a sense of nostalgia too...
That's evidently true. Not sure how I'd celebrate or even know if some of the good people in freeware passed.

It's especially strange because so many of these programs get used by so many thousands of people and we rarely know who's behind them.
It's indeed strange. For physical products such as clothes or furniture, some people know who have designed them. For software, no one thinks about it. As if software was a given.

I have worked on software with dozens of millions of users. Yet no one knows about me. (Probably it's better that way...)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:I have worked on software with dozens of millions of users. Yet no one knows about me. (Probably it's better that way...)
Yeah, I kind of prefer the anonymity. Still, it is weird how we treat software different than other things. Especially since a free program that really solves an issue can benefit so many, whereas making or giving away clothing or furniture can only ever affect one or a few people.

Midas

Re: EVACopy - backup tool with versioning

#22 Post by Midas »

EVAcopy v7.2 build 24.2123 released (changelog at http://sourceforge.net/projects/evacopy/files/v7.2/).