Meaning of JPE icons

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Andrew Lee

Meaning of JPE icons

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

When an application that has been injected with JPE is run, some icons may appear on the upper right hand corner of the window:

Icon (1) means filesystem redirection is enabled.
Icon (2) means registry redirection is enabled.
Icon (3) means application is running from non-removable storage.
Icon (4) means application is running from removable storage which is still inserted.
Icon (5) means application is running from removable storage which has been removed.

Did I miss anything?

crownixx

#2 Post by crownixx »

i only know (1) & (2) but never notice for other three icons
thanks for the info

sgp

#3 Post by sgp »

I've only seen the first 3 icons before.
Are there cases when none of the icons will show? I remember I have seen apps with the red JPE border but no icons in the title bar. Perhaps they were redrawing the title bar?

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

Are there cases when none of the icons will show?
Yes, if you use this setting in the ini:

Code: Select all

[Redirection]
UseIcon=0

redllar

#5 Post by redllar »

Icons 3, 4, and 5 all share the same titlebar space. In a "normal" run you'll see icon 3 instead of 4 and 5. It's just telling you that JPE is alive and well within that window's process. As Andrew indicated, icon 4 replaces icon 3 if the app was run from a removable device. And icon 5 replaces icon 4 whenever that device is not available. I *think* you'll only get icons 4 and 5 if you're using the Settings->Identification "Portable device disconnect - Change USB icon" setting, but I may be wrong.

The JPE launchpad's Settings->Identification tab holds the default for icon and border coloring use, as well as the 2 removable device related settings. These settings, as they're named, are the default values for any future created launchpad item and any future created portable launcher.

Go take a look at the Settings dialog box at least once if you haven't already done so. It's there for a reason.