PowerPro

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Re: PowerPro

#16 Post by joby_toss »

Well...PowerPro seems less polished in this compartment. Haven't really played with Samurize; it looks cooler, but PowerPro is capable to handle some really nice system information itself (thanks for reminding me about that :) ). And PowerPro has a very powerful scripting mode which can help you accomplish much more, but I don't know how to work with that. :oops:

Image Image

Image Image

Example (dynamic info):

Note: CPU usage is a bit buggy in my case, so I need to use "getsystemperformancedata" plugin. Tell me if "*Info cpu" works OK for you, please.

joby_toss

#17 Post by joby_toss »

Seeing how webfork is happy with DesktopOk's latest feature, I'd like to remind PowerPro users that something similar (global volume control using mouse wheel on screen edge - top, bottom, left, right or any combination of them) is also achievable with this tool (the advantage is this method works also with fullscreen apps):

tproli

#18 Post by tproli »

Actually I'm using this trick with a combination of a top bar that shows the actual volume level.
powerpro-top-volume.gif
Right-click on the bar lowers the volume and left-click raises, and it works with the mousewheel too. Middle mouse click toggles mute (indicated by red color).

Recently I started using a StrokesPlus hotkey too:
strokesplus-volume-hotkey.png
strokesplus-volume-hotkey.png (5.59 KiB) Viewed 12711 times

xor

#19 Post by xor »

PowerPro is at version 5.3.29, or 5.3.31 Beta , Home at http://powerpro.cresadu.com/

Maybe this thread should be merged with this one

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

xor wrote:Maybe this thread should be merged with this one
Good catch. All set.

joby_toss

#21 Post by joby_toss »

The new home for my beloved PowerPro (latest version 5.3.38e6) is https://groups.io/g/PowerPro . You can login also using your facebook or google credentials.