CCleaner Portable

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
sam

CCleaner Portable

#1 Post by sam »

CCleaner is awesome, but it isnt portable. This version is. I found this over at the CCleaner forums.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=5707

It saves settings to an ini file and all that.
Direct download Here

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Posted to the database. Thanks!

Babyscout19

Re: CCleaner Portable

#3 Post by Babyscout19 »

Piriform: Error we couldnt find that (error 404)
And I hate to burst your bubble but piriform? Isnt that Pirated Software?

Criminal penalties for first-time offenders can be as high as five years in prison and $250,000 in fines even if the offender didn't do it for monetary or financial commercial gain!!!!

Napiophelios

#4 Post by Napiophelios »

Babyscout19 wrote:Piriform: Error we couldnt find that (error 404)
And I hate to burst your bubble but piriform? Isnt that Pirated Software?

Criminal penalties for first-time offenders can be as high as five years in prison and $250,000 in fines even if the offender didn't do it for monetary or financial commercial gain!!!!
piriform is derived from the medieval latin - pyrum,
New Latin pyriformis, from pyri-, erroneously from Latin pirum pear + -formis -form

it basically means shaped like a pear.

The file the link referances is obsolete since CCleaner is now natively portable
and it looks like the forum moderators took care of it a long time ago.

guinness

#5 Post by guinness »

I am curious as to where they got their assumption that Piriform distribute illegal software?

Edit: I see the user has been banned.

Checker

#6 Post by Checker »

Babyscout19 wrote:... piriform? Isnt that Pirated Software? ...

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

CCleaner is currently v4.16.4763 (changelog at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/version-history).
[url]http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner[/url] author wrote:CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

Download CCleaner latest natively portable build from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds.

Related topics:
Last edited by Midas on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

Anyone heard about this app? The name and icon resemble very much CCleaner's... in fact, a little too much, if you ask me. It's published on a blog, there doesn't seem to be any company behind, so be careful. I'm curious what Piriform's opinion would be about this...

lindataylor

#9 Post by lindataylor »

joby_toss wrote:Anyone heard about this app? The name and icon resemble very much CCleaner's... in fact, a little too much, if you ask me. It's published on a blog, there doesn't seem to be any company behind, so be careful. I saw on another site that a assault lawyer was using it and he said it is good. But I don't trust a layman's opinion, because they might not know what they are doing. So I wanted to ask here. I wanted to know what Piriform's opinion would be about this...
How did you find this app? Yeah, this pretty much screams "fake". Piriform probably couldn't care less since there won't be a lot of people that will be fooled by this. Seriously, it only has like 2 paragraphs and insists that it can boost system performance and increase free desk space. :lol:
Last edited by lindataylor on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

From the entry:
See the official documentation for information on generating a list of covered programs search for "Export". An unofficial set of community developed cleaning rules can be found here however it should be noted that many of these rules are alpha and the developers will not provide support for these rules, a thread in the users forum is dedicated to supporting the add-on rules.
Could someone explain this? When I click on the "list of covered programs" link it goes to a command-line page. Searching "export" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the second sentence. I'd like to fix, better explain, or cut that.

SYSTEM

#11 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:From the entry:
See the official documentation for information on generating a list of covered programs search for "Export". An unofficial set of community developed cleaning rules can be found here however it should be noted that many of these rules are alpha and the developers will not provide support for these rules, a thread in the users forum is dedicated to supporting the add-on rules.
Could someone explain this? When I click on the "list of covered programs" link it goes to a command-line page. Searching "export" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the second sentence. I'd like to fix, better explain, or cut that.
I decided to cut the first sentence. It indeed has barely anything to do with winapp2.ini.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

lindataylor wrote:How did you find this app? Yeah, this pretty much screams "fake". Piriform probably couldn't care less since there won't be a lot of people that will be fooled by this. Seriously, it only has like 2 paragraphs and insists that it can boost system performance and increase free desk space. :lol:
Somehow I didn't see your comment when you posted it, sorry!

It's freakin' listed on Softpedia and it even got the "100% clean" award! I don't know... it still doesn't feel right to me.

Napiophelios

#13 Post by Napiophelios »

SYSTEM wrote:
webfork wrote:From the entry:
I decided to cut the first sentence. It indeed has barely anything to do with winapp2.ini.
Its just out dated info maybe.
I think that was written as winapp2.ini was first introduced by a third party program
and not really an official feature yet.

popol0909

#14 Post by popol0909 »

CCleaner is no longer a freeware. It is now free only for home usage.

License.txt extract:
"- You may NOT use the Product in corporate or commercial environments."

Andrew Lee

#15 Post by Andrew Lee »

@popol0909: I have updated the license details. Thanks!