something wrong with 0.1.3

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
madrazel

something wrong with 0.1.3

#1 Post by madrazel »

the lat version do not work at all, when i drag-drop a file onto the program basket the patch becomes like this: ?:\dir\app.exe - what the hell is this /?/ ? - and whet i try to change settings strange noise comes from my floppy drive - i noticed the same problem with 0.1.2, only 0.1.1 works well

this problem is visible only in some apps, notepad works well in all versions, but in example the bat 1.62r does not appear to be affected by the 0.1.3 version at all including no red rectangle around window

Zach Thibeau

Well...

#2 Post by Zach Thibeau »

JauntePE is a work in progress but I think redllar is not continuing JauntePE anymore :( it's a shame as considering the good things it has done.

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

I think redllar is not continuing JauntePE anymore
I'm not sure about this, as redllar said that he would still participating in the forum but distribute his work privately.

@madrazel: I was able to test run Bat! 1.62r using the launcher. I got the redirected registry and red border. Perhaps you made a mistake somewhere.
Try to add this in your JauntePE_launchPad.ini: (assuming you install the application in "The Bat!" folder)

Code: Select all

[thebat=..\..\..\The Bat!\thebat.exe]
Volume=
SerialNo=
RedirRegistry=1
RedirFilesystem=1
AppRegistry=1
AppFilesystem=1
MemRegistry=0
RunScr=1
UseExeDir=1

madrazel

#4 Post by madrazel »

not confirmed, no reaction at all, even with autowizard - simply do not work, i have polish version of xp with sp2 - maybe that's the reason...

also i found that 0.1.1 which I use leaks some of the data that are supposed to be redirected, especially when there is heavy usage on that redirected resource

i think that i lost some of the emails because i was trying to fool the bat that the mail folder is in c:\windows ... i have found some files from my mail folder in true c:\windows\mail folder

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

not confirmed, no reaction at all, even with autowizard
The setting for the Jauntepe.exe-launcher I gave you didn't work on you, and you tried to build exe using normal wizard and autowizard, also didn't work? Then, I'm sorry I can't help you on this. :(

The only thing I could think is the same like you, because you are using Polish version of Windows XP. I guess, only redllar could help you.

madrazel

#6 Post by madrazel »

u can try to help me by making a launcher for a sample application (a small one), and send it to me via file hosting website

check this wrapper for 'tellmemoreaboutdivx' i made on my computer, does it work ?
http://www.filefactory.com/file/3b8eef/

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

Okay, I tried your JPEized 'tellmemoreaboutdivx' and it works. The main window doesn't show red border. But when you click Open, the open dialog has red border. And it generate a .reg.

Here is my created launcher: http://mihd.net/ehg03v
You need to have the original exe in the same directory with the JPE launcher I created as I didn't choose to stuff the application exe.
BTW, somehow the software doesn't want to close the process even though I close the window. Tried with the original exe, I also experiencing the same.

Did your 'tellmemoreaboutdivx' JPE-exe that you gave me worked on your PC? What about regedit or notpad, did you try to JPEized it?

madrazel

#8 Post by madrazel »

the version that I made does not appear to be affected *at all*, it runs like normal not patched application - no red border anywhere and windows directory is not redirected

your launcher - the same result

it must be something with my localized windows version - and this is a security hole even for english windows users, because if you run accidentally a program on localized version it can leak data into that system

Chris

#9 Post by Chris »

Actually, I would like to know if JauntePE could work at all in Polish Version; or the problem exists because combination of the application and XP Polish version. Have you tested it with simple application like notepad? Regedit is not so simple, but it is available for all to test registry redirection.
Anyway, like I said better wait for redllar.

madrazel

#10 Post by madrazel »

notepad works but only from main program, and not from launcher

paint do not work at all
regedit works form main app