TEncoder - audio/video conversion [discontinued]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ozok

Re: TEncoder

#16 Post by ozok »

TEncoder 3.8 is out:
-Added: Skinning is disabled by default
-Added: An option to copy source files' date/time info to output files
-Added: Support for *.mxf file type
-Fixed: A bug where TEncoder would get stuck even if encoding is done
-Fixed: A bug where checking "Export to script" would cause program to crash
-Fixed: "Apply" or changing selected preset didn't update the summary
-Fixed: "version.txt" errors
Download location: http://www.fosshub.com/TEncoder-Video-Converter.html

Checker

#17 Post by Checker »

@ ozok: Thanks ... and updated :wink:

ozok

#18 Post by ozok »

New version 3.9.0:
-Added: A tool to merge an image and audio to video
-Added: A tool to dub video with an external audio file
-Added: Many skins
-Added: MP4 muxing while using MEncoder will be done with MP4Box
-Added: File list now shows more information
-Added: "Copy date from source" will now copy last modified date too
-Added: An option, under "Help" menu, to create log archive in the desktop
-Added: Main window is now a bit larger as default
-Fixed: Program would crash when muxing to mp4 using MEncoder as encoder
-Fixed: Subtitle and audio delay values weren't saved properly
-Fixed: Applying a profile didn't update video size option
-Fixed: Video size option wasn't saved
-Fixed: Profile editor would ask to save profile even if nothing was changed/added
-Fixed: Scroll bars in logs window weren't visible
-Fixed: Enabling skins didn't apply hue and saturation options
-Fixed: Enable/disable skin options was not saved
-Fixed: Profiles created by the user couldn't be deleted
-Fixed: "Copy date from source" option wasn't saved
-Fixed: "'' is not a valid integer value." error
-Fixed: Couldn't add files without an audio stream
-Fixed: A few UI related problems
-Updated: FFMpeg
http://www.fosshub.com/TEncoder-Video-Converter.html

SYSTEM

#19 Post by SYSTEM »

ozok wrote:New version 3.9.0:
Thank you. I have updated the entry. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Midas

#20 Post by Midas »

ozok wrote:New version 3.9.0:
-Added: A tool to dub video with an external audio file
  • Great. Just what I need, ATM. 8)

ozok

#21 Post by ozok »

Then I'm waiting a feedback as to how it works for you :).

Midas

#22 Post by Midas »

Still feeling my way around. Any tutorials? :oops:

ozok

#23 Post by ozok »

Ah, I should start writing help documents for my software. Here are steps to dub:
1- Follow http://i.imgur.com/2DL6ZYW.png to open "Dub" window (here is how it looks http://i.imgur.com/nuVvxuM.png)
2- Select video and audio files
3- Specify output file name. Enter just the name, not full file path (not C:\output\dubbedvideo.mp4). File will be placed in the output folder specified in the main window.
4- Select the container.
5- Hit "Start".
Note that video and audio won't be re-encoded. I hope this helps.

Midas

#24 Post by Midas »

Thanks for that, ozok. I will report back ASAP.

ozok

#25 Post by ozok »

New version 4.1.0 changes:
-Added: TEncoder will now check output files after encoding
-Added: An option to keep ssa and ass subtitle styles
-Added: Info about subtitles won't be shown in summary list if FFMpeg is selected
-Added: TEncoder will now remember the active tab
-Fixed: Several problems with batch download link add
-Fixed: Couldn't read video codec of some files with more than one audio track
-Fixed: "Update video downloader" didn't work
-Updated: Youtube-dl
http://www.fosshub.com/TEncoder-Video-Converter.html
https://bitbucket.org/ozok/tencoder

Checker

#26 Post by Checker »

@ ozok: Already updated by me (2014-07-04 20:17:13) :wink:
See

webfork

#27 Post by webfork »

Wow. Big changes since the last time I played with what was already my favorite converter. This is rapidly turning into a feature monster. Great work, ozok.
  • Skins: They were already great, but TEncoder now has hands-down the best default skin system I've ever seen. The power flexibility, and number and quality of default skins was well beyond Firefox, Winamp, AIMP, and every other impressive skinning tool I've yet seen. Unfortunately during my tests on Win7x32, changing the skins seemed to occasionally cause a program crash. It's intermittent so I dunno how to explain that.

Additionally, some of the skins supported a hover-over feature where the box would highlight as you moved the mouse over it, making the interface a little more accessible. With all the different parts and settings on the screen at once, this was great.
  • Video tools: Lots more added including:
    • A video downloader tool that supports subtitles, an auto-update for the video downloader component, and batch downloads, including playlists. Supports multiple parallel downloads.
    • Integrates video effects including crop, rotate, and volume (I think these were present last time, but I'm not sure)
    • A great tool for posting audio to Youtube via a simple image + audio combiner.
    • Video dub tool (pull different audio in for a video)

Wishlist
  • Help: This was already touched on in an entry above but some kind of included help breakdown. There's a LOT of features here for more than just amateurs. I get that some of the advanced FFMPEG and H.264 features are for serious video folks, but other more standard settings like demuxing, subtitle position, default scale, etc. were all over my head.
  • More video download controls. I wasn't sure what to do with "mp4, 1080p, DASH, video" I definitely don't want to download every video at full resolution.
  • Post-encode actions - add "put computer to sleep"
  • Ability to smoothly and losslessly pull audio out of video (but convert any .AAC files to .MP4)
  • By default, doesn't convert downloaded video (right now it's checked by default)
  • Separate controls both for the video type (1080p, 640x480, WEBM, FLV, etc.) and settings for conversion of downloaded video
  • Some statement of acceptable video sites (is it just YouTube?)
  • One of the following. Either:
    • A. Rename the "Video Converter" tab to "Audio/Video Converter"

B. Create a new tab "Audio Converter" that defaults to "Files of Type - Audio" when you choose a "File - Open" ... functionally it should still handle video as normal.
I can mock something up on that last one if it doesn't make sense.

ozok

#28 Post by ozok »

@Checker I saw it later, thanks for the update.

@webfork thanks for the detailed post. It's great to see that users actually pay attention to the features/changes.

The skinning component I used seems to be really buggy. I don't have the sources so I can't modify them (I don't even know if I can do it) and support for it hasn't been the best so far. Many bug reports I sent were ignored. New version of the component doesn't seem to better either. Some newer skins may have more features than older ones.
Help: This was already touched on in an entry above but some kind of included help breakdown...
-I know it is not easy for someone who isn't into video/audio encoding to use all the features. As you said, there are many features now and to be honest even thinking about the help makes me feel bad because I don't have time for it. I should have created a help file when I had the time.
More video download controls. I wasn't sure what to do with "mp4, 1080p, DASH, video" I definitely don't want to download every video at full resolution.
-I think I can do something about video/audio formats in the download list (make names more user-friendly). But it's difficult to find documentation about this. I found out many things by trial and error.
-(Post-encode actions - add "put computer to sleep") > added to-do list.
Ability to smoothly and losslessly pull audio out of video (but convert any .AAC files to .MP4)
-You can already get audio from video without encoding it. Set "Video Codec" to "None", "Audio Codec" to "Direct Copy" and encoder to "FFmpeg". But TAudioConverter may be the better (easier) tool for this. If you are getting error using this method please let me know.
Separate controls both for the video type (1080p, 640x480, WEBM, FLV, etc.) and settings for conversion of downloaded video
-Do you want to encode downloaded files with different options?
Some statement of acceptable video sites (is it just YouTube?)
-There is a list of supported websites here: http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
I thought I'd added this link somewhere in the program but I must be wrong.
One of the following. Either:...
-I was actually planning to remove audio only encoding since TAudioConverter is mature (more mature than TEncoder in fact) enough but it seemed to be a backwards step. I'll rename the tabs anyway. It doesn't make sense to create an other different tab since both audio and video encoding is basically the same thing to the program and it'd be much trouble to seperate them.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to implement them.

joby_toss

#29 Post by joby_toss »

Hi, ozok!
Is there a way I can add a watermark (like a transparent *.png) to my videos?
Is TEncoder using hardware acceleration (cuda, dxva etc.)?
And one other minor thing: could the encoder log files be saved in a "logs" subfolder (like TAC does it) instead of the root?
Thanks!

ozok

#30 Post by ozok »

Hi joby_toss.
Is there a way I can add a watermark (like a transparent *.png) to my videos?
Actually there is. But it'll require you to do a bit of search and find related ffmpeg/mencoder commands etc :D. I added this request to my to-do list. It shouldn't be difficult to implement this as a video tool.
Is TEncoder using hardware acceleration (cuda, dxva etc.)?
AFAIK latest ffmpeg builds has support for dxva to a point but I'm not sure about this. It's difficult to find a MEncoder build that does more than 3 things without a problem.
You can use a a fast x264 preset (faster, veryfast, ultrafast etc) (available in "Codec Settings" window in TEncoder) to get a fast encoding speed. I don't know the current state of GPU based encoders but they used to produce crappy output. And fast x264 presets are really fast. They produce better quality AFAIK.
And one other minor thing: could the encoder log files be saved in a "logs" subfolder (like TAC does it) instead of the root?
Sure.

Regards.