MAJOR bugs found in 0.1.2 release - new 0.1.3 release ready

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
redllar

#16 Post by redllar »

redlar,
What's a launcher comprised of?
The launcher's just an optimized version of the JPE exe that I build here and then stuff into a JPE exe resource for extraction during the "build portable" process. It has its own resources created during that process that tell the launcher what options you've selected (redirect reg, etc.), as well as, optionally, the launched app's JPE ini, the launched app's portable .reg, and/or the launched app's executable.
When do we need to rebuild launchers and when not?
You should never have to rebuild the launchers except when:

1) You want a fix for a bug found in the launcher code itself - I'll try and make sure I note such a change in the readme

2) You want to take advantage of the upcoming 020 plugins - You'll still be able to make use of the old launchers and old redirection-only plugin; you just won't be able to use any of the new plugins since that requires a change in the data communicated between the launcher and the JPE runtime running within the launched app's process

3) You want to change one of the options used during the "build portable" process and you can't change that option via a JPE runtime ini setting - If you wanted to get rid of the JPE-related titlebar icons, for instance, you'd have to go back into the JPE exe's Settings dialog and turn that option off, and then rebuild the launchers

I think that's all of the cases but I'll think on it some more and get back to you if there are any more.