FastStone Image Viewer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

FastStone Image Viewer

#1 Post by Midas »

FastStone Image Viewer (oldest reference I could find is by user panthar at viewtopic.php?t=38) has got to be one of the most popular programs in TPFC database (entry's at http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=207), yet up to now didn't have an official forum topic... ;)
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm wrote:FastStone Image Viewer is a fast, stable, user-friendly image browser, converter and editor. It has a nice array of features that include image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping, retouching and color adjustments. Its innovative but intuitive full-screen mode provides quick access to EXIF information, thumbnail browser and major functionalities via hidden toolbars that pop up when your mouse touches the four edges of the screen. Other features include a high quality magnifier and a musical slideshow with 150+ transitional effects, as well as lossless JPEG transitions, drop shadow effects, image annotation, scanner support, histogram and much more. It supports all major graphic formats (BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, PSD, EPS, TIFF, WMF, ICO and TGA) and popular digital camera RAW formats (CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF, SRF, ARW, SR2, RW2 and DNG).
FSViewerScreenShot1[1].jpg
FastStone Image Viewer current version is v4.9; download from http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDownload.htm.

Related forum topics:

webfork

Re: FastStone Image Viewer

#2 Post by webfork »

> official forum topic

Good call.

> one of the most popular programs in TPFC database

It's my favorite graphics viewer, although I am trying to switch over to something open or that I can use at work. So far JPEGView has worked the best, despite having a fraction of the features (mostly made up for in speed and simplicity).

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:I am trying to switch over to something open or that I can use at work. So far JPEGView has worked the best, despite having a fraction of the features (mostly made up for in speed and simplicity).
Have you given Imagine a go? It took quite a bit of tweaking to get it the way I like it (i.e, associating Imagine's viewer with image files and launching it without any interface elements on a black background, as customary with other image viewers), but it is currently my favorite in the genre... :)

Dwel

#4 Post by Dwel »

This program is absolutely awesome at the things it does. I use it constantly for work.

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

Check viewtopic.php?p=91323#p91323 if looking for FIV older versions.