DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
whoisearth

Re: DropIt

#1141 Post by whoisearth »

I changed it to "skipped" for duplicate files and that's where I get the other error "autoit error"

Line 14333 (File D:\Program Files\DropIt\DropIt.exe"):
Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

So I guess either way it fails :(

Lupo73

#1142 Post by Lupo73 »

I think it's better to start a private discussion to work on this bug.

Lupo73

#1143 Post by Lupo73 »

The next release is under development and the first beta version is available for tests:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

It includes only some of the planned features and bug fixes, but the new "Create Gallery" action developped with tproli collaboration is great! Tests and opinions are welcome.

g00p

#1144 Post by g00p »

I'm also having an issue w/regex identification.

DropIt_v5.2_Setup.zip

regex
(?i)setup|install -- no match
setup|Setup|install|Install --- matched

I'm using Expresso to generate regex and it validates. Additionally tried the site mentioned earlier (http://regex.larsolavtorvik.com/) and it validates, yet no associate is being found w/drop it.

Lupo73

#1145 Post by Lupo73 »

I fixed several reported issues and added some minor features. The test version is available here:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

Changes since version 5.2:
- improved minor interface aspects
- added "Create Gallery" action (thanks to tpr)
- added option to decide if show the message of failed process
- added some Image abbreviations
- fixed "Rename" action issue with some folders
- fixed "Upload" action issue with some servers
- fixed interface freezing when process fails with monitored folders
- fixed issue in RegEx support
- fixed support to Import profiles from CSV and XLS formats
- fixed some minor bugs

Let me know!

RobA

#1146 Post by RobA »

Hello Everyone,

Found Dropit today, many thanks for all your efforts creating this great piece of software.

I just wanted to report what I think might be a bug, but then again it might just be that Dropit can't do this (yet, fingers crossed). I'm running v5.2 on Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, 64 Bit btw.

Soooooooo, I have set up 3 associations:

1. To have Dropit copy all .docx files (rule = *.docx) containing a certain literal string (set by enabling "File Content" in Additional Filters, selecting Literal String from the dropdown and entering the string in the box underneath) to a certain folder, let's call it folder number 1.

2. To have Dropit copy all .doc files (rule = *.doc) containing the same literal string (set by enabling "File Content" in Additional Filters, selecting Literal String from the dropdown and entering the string in the box underneath) to a different folder, say called folder number 2.

3. To ignore (rule = #) all files without the above matches.

When I run the process the .doc files are copied correctly...but the action against the .docx files I know contain the literal string reads as ignore.

However if I remove the literal string search from the .docx association it copies all of them to folder number 1 as I would expect.

Is this behaviour as expected - can Dropit search for literal strings within .docx files or is this impossible?

Hopefully you can clear this up for me, many thanks in advance!

Rob

Lupo73

#1147 Post by Lupo73 »

It is not a bug, but simply a limit of the feature. This additional filter try to search file content reading files as normal text files. The problem is that docx files are internally zipped to reduce their size and so cannot be normally read. Maybe in future I'll improve this feature.

RobA

#1148 Post by RobA »

Ah, dagnammit - I was fearing you would say that!

It would be an awesome feature to have, and I think it would really elevate your program out of the atmosphere!

Well, it would for me anyway - I can't find anything else that can help me like Dropit can in the sense of automatically watching a folder for files that contain a certain text string and automatically copying them somewhere else. Just a real shame the folder contains a mixture of .doc and .docx files, and I don't have control of making sure the folks saving the files in there do so as .doc files. Argggghhh!

If you have any suggestions please let me know, otherwise pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseee implement this feature soon!

Thanks for your reply and efforts, keep up the great work (I left you something to help :-)

Cheers,

RobA

Lupo73

#1149 Post by Lupo73 »

I added the requested feature: http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip
Currently I added support only to docx files (no other compressed formats), maybe I'll improve it in future. Let me know if correctly works.

Note: to fix a FTP issue, the version 5.3 is compiled with the last AutoIt beta version.. I'm not sure if it is the reason, but some antivirus engines started to report DropIt as a malware.. I ask your collaboration to report the false positive to resolve them, thanks!

ps: I will be away for 2 weeks.. development will restart at the end of the month.

kajwar

#1150 Post by kajwar »

Hi,

I like your nice tool but I have a question:
How to sort all files by the first letter (character) of their filename ?

THANX

claydegruchy

#1151 Post by claydegruchy »

Are there any premade rules sets? I have a massive folder with lots of generic files types in it, and I dont really want to enter all of them again manually to sort them into folders. If anyone is willing to post their rules, I'd be very happy!

Lupo73

#1152 Post by Lupo73 »

@kajwar: you can use *.* as rules and %FileName#>1,1% as destination folder (more info are available in cap. 5.4 of the guide).

@claydegruchy: I recommend you to read the included pdf guide and the tutorials of the blog to find good solutions like this:
http://dropitblog.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... -of-files/

kajwar

#1153 Post by kajwar »

Hi Lupo73,

Thanx, you are a big help ! :D

Have a nice day !

kajwar

#1154 Post by kajwar »

Hi claydegruchy,

I like your idea & suggest Lupo73 to add a section for "premade rules" to exchange & share experiences.

For me, I have no problems to post them but we need Lupo73's blessing greenlight .

THANX

Lupo73

#1155 Post by Lupo73 »

If you want, you could start to propose your rule examples here. Then if someone is interested to write new tutorials, you can propose them to be added in the official blog. If someone would like to create it, I'd like to add also a official video presentation of the project. :D