Data Crow

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Wolfghost

Data Crow

#1 Post by Wolfghost »

Added to TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1865

Please vote now !! :wink: Requires Java
Last edited by Wolfghost on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Baas

Re: Data Crow

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Requires Java

You should mention .net framework and Java dependencies in your forum post!

Wolfghost

#3 Post by Wolfghost »

I am Baas wrote:Requires Java

You should mention .net framework and Java dependencies in your forum post!
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, I forgot this :oops: :oops: :oops:

BTW I have mention in my early forum post .net framework !!!

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

>> Requires Java

> Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, I forgot this

I'm sure if PortableApps is working on it and the interest level is maintained that they'll eventually put together a download packaged with all the JRE stuff necessary, as with XMind. Eventually it will get added.

> Internet - Media Clients (3), Internet - Media Servers (1), Internet - Web Servers (9), Others - Book Catalogers (1), Others - Database Tools (5), Others - Movie Catalogers (3), Productivity - Data Extraction (4), Productivity - Outline Editors (7)

I haven't downloaded the program so I don't know which categories it fits into, but I'm going to guess its not all those. Please pare that list down a bit. For example, while the program Everything (http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1479) has a web server interface available, it doesn't belong in the web server category because it has an extremely limited feature set. Everything remains still in "Files - Search."

Danix

#5 Post by Danix »

I have added a winPenPack portable version of Data Crow (X-Datacrow) to the database here: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2111. X-Datacrow includes the "JavaGet" utility that manages the download and automatic installation of JRE directly in the \Lib\Java directory.

rikylov

#6 Post by rikylov »

Lovely version by wPP.
I like very much their approach with java-related proggies (not only for X-Datacrow). Once You have their suite on USB stick, all portable programs present can share the java version "locally installed" in your stick with javaget.
IMHO this is a very good step.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

More on the WinPenPack Datacrow version on another thread.

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

I voted.

I was trying to make a database for my knives collection and this is my best bet. I will try to make a custom module that allows a nice display, similar to the absolute master for this type of collection, NMCollectorJE, written also for Java.

Version 3.9.12 does not need the "-dir" parameter to work in a portable manner, as far as I can tell. Please, correct me if I'm wrong!

P.S. is there a "Java" category in the database, similar to "Others - .Net"?

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote:I was trying to make a database for my knives collection and this is my best bet.
Can I borrow a knife?
joby_toss wrote:is there a "Java" category in the database, similar to "Others - .Net"?
As more are getting added, that will be necessary/helpful.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: (bad syntax)

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

v. 3.9.23 came out just a few days ago. Also took this opportunity to cleanup the program description a bit.

Full changelog.

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

webfork

#12 Post by webfork »

4.0.16 is out with some good changes: http://www.datacrow.net/changelog.txt

mimik

#13 Post by mimik »

"14 January 2019 - Data Crow will fly again

Stacey Murphy (and some others) have taken up the mantle from Robert. Work is being done to produce a 4.2.3 maintenance release that will fix the Amazon and IMDb searchers that are not functioning right now. " (www.datacrow.net/#news)

Seems like the great project is alive again :)

webfork

#14 Post by webfork »

mimik wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 am "14 January 2019 - Data Crow will fly again

Stacey Murphy (and some others) have taken up the mantle from Robert. Work is being done to produce a 4.2.3 maintenance release that will fix the Amazon and IMDb searchers that are not functioning right now. " (www.datacrow.net/#news)

Seems like the great project is alive again :)
Great news, thanks

rwaals

#15 Post by rwaals »

Hi,

I just wanted to note that I was ever grateful for the work that was done here for Data Crow.
I am the original developer of Data Crow and have recently picked up development again after Stacey Murphy kind of disappeared without any trace.
I didn't want this product to go to waste so I decided to dust it off and release it again. I have since lost the domain .net and have therefore moved the product over to https://datacrow.org
The project on Sourceforge.net has also been updated.

I just released version 4.4 and wanted to let you know in case there might still be any interest in this project.

Many thanks for all your hard work in the past,
All the best,
Robert Jan van der Waals