MiniBin

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Baas

MiniBin

#1 Post by Baas »

MiniBin is a trash bin for your systray (user-defined icons option).

Freeware & Portable (stealth)
Requirements: MS Windows

Download MiniBin 1.5.0.0

garbanzo

#2 Post by garbanzo »

this is an excellent little app. i've been looking for something exactly like this for several months now, ever since i switched to an alternate shell on my XP machine.

thanks for the post!

bro

#3 Post by bro »

I am Baas

Re: MiniBin

#4 Post by I am Baas »

Minibin is @ V1.9.4.0

http://www.e-sushi.net/minibin/

Download the installer (zipped) and extract using 7-Zip.

e-sushi updated a few of the tools and added new ones. Will post separately.

ChemZ

#5 Post by ChemZ »

I am Baas

#6 Post by I am Baas »

MiniBin developer released MicroBin.

http://www.e-sushi.net/software/microbin/
MicroBin is the most minimmal (10 KB) free recycle bin for your Microsoft Windows system tray area; the area next to the clock in the taskbar. MicroBin is a fork of MiniBin, but without all the extras. This means: no settings, no icon changing, no translation… nada.
Also, MiniBin V6.1.0.0 is available.

http://www.e-sushi.net/software/minibin/

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

IMHO, MiniBin would become an essential (and unique) Windows addition if only it could emulate the Linux autotrash console utility.

Also the tray icon should pick the default theme (eye candy, I know, but better system integration; it should even be possible to hide the tray icon, if autotrash capabilities were added)....

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

I couldn't figure out what Minibin does and didn't want to add it in order to find out, but this Softpedia article cleared that up: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... iBin.shtml
Midas wrote:emulate the Linux autotrash console utility
That is pretty cool. I think just a wipe option would be great.

I am Baas

#9 Post by I am Baas »

Midas wrote:IMHO, MiniBin would become an essential (and unique) Windows addition if only it could emulate the Linux autotrash console utility.

Also the tray icon should pick the default theme (eye candy, I know, but better system integration; it should even be possible to hide the tray icon, if autotrash capabilities were added)....
That's a very good idea, Midas. Did you contact the developer already (contact [at] e-sushi [period] net)?

Midas

#10 Post by Midas »

I have now... 8)

e-sushi

#11 Post by e-sushi »

Hey people,

a guy that goes by the name "Mike Delta" posted a comment at my Facebook page pointing me to this thread and after reading it, I decided to register and share my 2 cents.

But first things first...

@I am Baas : I would prefer to see you not publishing my email like perfect spam-bait. I mean, you're even "hot-linking" it. That's not the way to do it! Please change it to "contact [at] e-sushi.net" and remove that hotlink. I don't want to contact admins for something you can simply edit. Thanks.

@Midas : Well, it's 2012-11-03T07:15:00UTC and I haven't received any message from you. I'm wondering; where is that email you're saying you've send to me? It's not in my inbox and it wasn't caught by my spam-filters either. It's as if you never send an email in the first place. #ThinkAboutIt

Now, about the ideas and comments in this thread...

1) The "system icon theme" thing is not going to happen due to copyright restrictions. Check the Microsoft website for details related to their rights, licensing and co. when it comes to key visuals like their system's symbols.

2) The "auto-delete" functionality based on the "time of deletion" and "age of trash" is actually a thing I could imagine implementing. As a matter a fact, I wasn't aware people were interested in this kind of functionality being implemented into MiniBin. So, I'll see what I can do about this one... and push out a related update "when done".

Ok, that should answer most of the questions and give you an "I've put it on my To-Do list" feedback related to your "auto-delete-aging-trash" idea too. If there's anything else that comes to your mind, please feel invited to drop an email into my inbox. I tend to check that more often than any social account of forum. ;)

Last but not least: thanks for using (and talking) about MiniBin. It's people like you who keep injecting ideas into a project I would have categorized to be "final" ages ago. Your feedback keeps development alive and makes MiniBin evolve. I really appreciate that.

Best,

Mike Edward Moras (e-sushi™)
http://www.e-sushi.net/
contact [at] e-sushi.net

I am Baas

#12 Post by I am Baas »

e-sushi wrote: @I am Baas : I would prefer to see you not publishing my email like perfect spam-bait. I mean, you're even "hot-linking" it. That's not the way to do it! Please change it to "contact [at] e-sushi.net" and remove that hotlink. I don't want to contact admins for something you can simply edit. Thanks.
@Mike (e-sushi)
Apologies, thank you for dropping by and welcome to TPFC.

Midas

#13 Post by Midas »

e-sushi wrote:a guy that goes by the name "Mike Delta" posted a comment at my Facebook page pointing me to this thread and after reading it, I decided to register and share my 2 cents.
[...]

@Midas : Well, it's 2012-11-03T07:15:00UTC and I haven't received any message from you.
Sorry about that, I thought you'd figure that one out -- for someone as wary of spam baiting, my bet was you'd prefer the Fakebook route... :oops:

Thanks you so much for the feedback and your generosity towards (the dogs of) the Internet in general. :P