New TPFC website design by tproli is now live!

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
tproli

Re: New TPFC website design by tproli is now live!

#61 Post by tproli »

If you haven't disabled cookies then Compact view should be remembered. What browser are you using?

I am Baas

#62 Post by I am Baas »

Andrew Lee wrote:
I am Bass wrote:IE9 crashes! To replicate, go to http://www.portablefreeware.com, change to compact view and the display entries number... IE crashes (and no, it's not a browser cache issue).
tproli suspects it's the minified CSS/JS that is causing the problem, and asked me to update the CSS/JS files.

Could you please try again and see if it helps? Especially since both myself and tproli could not replicate the issue.
This is really odd... changing the display entries # first and then switching to compact view works fine. However, changing to compact vie first and then the number of entries per page causes IE to crash. :?

Wolfghost

#63 Post by Wolfghost »

tproli wrote:If you haven't disabled cookies then Compact view should be remembered. What browser are you using?
Opera prt v12.02.1578 and it is not disabled, but still open in full view :(

tproli

#64 Post by tproli »

I checked with the same Opera version (fresh install) and after switching to Compact view it stays there.

Can you try with another browser?

Wolfghost

#65 Post by Wolfghost »

tproli wrote:I checked with the same Opera version (fresh install) and after switching to Compact view it stays there.
And after that, have you tried to restart Opera and compact view is stays there ???

I use TPFC in speeddial. I open TPFC in full view, then I switch to compact view, update the site and copy address and edit TPFC in speeddial and paste The "new"
address in and OK. Then I restart Opera and open TPFC in guess what yes full view :?

tproli

#66 Post by tproli »

When you switch to Compact view, a cookie is saved with (almost) no expiry date. So yes, if you restart the browser Compact view should be remembered. This setting is not indicated anywhere in the url so it doesn't matter what url you add to the speed dial.

For me it worked as expected using the your speed dial method. I can only think of a browser setting or a 3rd party cookie cleaner on your side. You really should try with another browser or on another computer.

Andrew Lee

#67 Post by Andrew Lee »

SYSTEM wrote:I meant the full comments page as well.
Apologies. Should be fixed now. I got confused between the test and production region. :roll:

Andrew Lee

#68 Post by Andrew Lee »

Wolfghost wrote:@Andrew
I want to open TPFC in only compact view, but it will only open in fullview. Could you make a code in address field to e.g.
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.p ... -25-50-100 or something ?!
@tproli:

Let's say I add a new detailed search option that lets the user select compact or fullview, how do I render the page in compact view programmatically via CSS?

Also, I am thinking of making certain search options such as full/compact view and page size (5/10/25 etc.) cookie-based instead of CGI paramater based. Any potential concerns?

SYSTEM

#69 Post by SYSTEM »

Wolfghost wrote:
tproli wrote:I checked with the same Opera version (fresh install) and after switching to Compact view it stays there.
And after that, have you tried to restart Opera and compact view is stays there ???

I use TPFC in speeddial. I open TPFC in full view, then I switch to compact view, update the site and copy address and edit TPFC in speeddial and paste The "new"
address in and OK. Then I restart Opera and open TPFC in guess what yes full view :?
Do you have Preferences -> Advanced -> Cookies -> Delete new cookies when exiting Opera enabled?
Andrew Lee wrote: Apologies. Should be fixed now. I got confused between the test and production region. :roll:
No problem. Thank you for the fix. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Ruby

#70 Post by Ruby »

Search is not handling spaces correctly on a match:

e.g. place video to video in the search bar, returns/matches video and to - only when wrapping the query in quotes (e.g. "video to video") returns/matches the full string.

I just checked/searched video to video (no quotes) at Softpedia and the result was a match (1 of 1).

~Ruby

JohnW

#71 Post by JohnW »

The new TPFC website is a small disaster under IE9.
The opening page is a dog's dinner!
I've been slow to comment becauses I assumed a hacker at been at work.
BTW OK in Google Chrome but I like IE9!

tproli

#72 Post by tproli »

Try ctrl+F5 in IE9, that helped others too.

Wolfghost

#73 Post by Wolfghost »

SYSTEM wrote:Do you have Preferences -> Advanced -> Cookies -> Delete new cookies when exiting Opera enabled?
Yes I have, but the real problem is: If you open TPFC in full view take a look to address field and switch to compact view and you will see no changes in address field !!
Nothing new to remember you see, even with delete new cookies when exiting Opera enabled :wink:

SYSTEM

#74 Post by SYSTEM »

Wolfghost wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:Do you have Preferences -> Advanced -> Cookies -> Delete new cookies when exiting Opera enabled?
Yes I have
In that case, the "Compact view" setting isn't currently supposed to persist when you restart Opera.
Wolfghost wrote: but the real problem is: If you open TPFC in full view take a look to address field and switch to compact view and you will see no changes in address field !!
That's a matter of opinion. Some people, including me, like cookies more than URL parameters.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

tproli

#75 Post by tproli »

Quoting myself:
This setting is not indicated anywhere in the url so it doesn't matter what url you add to the speed dial.
So you won't see any change in the url when you toggle the view. But in the background a cookie is saved. The browser reads that cookie until it expires - that is currently set to 9999 days.