At a friend's recommendation, I found Google Docs was very good at this. Unfortunately, due to external problems, I now can't use Google Docs either and it's proving impossible to find an alternative that has that level of ease and simplicity.
- Bulleted lists and simple, easy to use indentation
- Very stable and/or frequent autosave
- Working like an outline editor (e.g. nested lists with 1, A, ii, etc.)
- Smooth and easy HTML import (since that's the current format I'm using)
- Hotkeys for both indentation and lists
- Tabbed interface
Any ideas? Does anyone else keep track of all their tasks like this?