Old thread update:Resolution:
After a LOT of testing, I ended up going back to LibreOffice using several tweaks that I made to get it working the way I wanted. I'm hoping to put together a video breakdown on this as there were quite a few steps.
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions here.
Also a note about one of the programs I tested:
Requires Java and a web browser, but this is definitely the future of software: natively web-based, collaborative, and very simple/clean. Looks like it can run on almost any device with a browser. It can just as easily be run locally as from a server and, although it seemed to be watching edits and changes, it didn't have a changelog for individual entries (it's not tracking them like a wiki).
Note that it only exports to an XML file (one I'm not sure other tools could easily read) and takes up 16 megs (I expected more due to the included web server).