JkDefrag / MyDefrag [discontinued]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
AlephX

JKDefrag 3.5

#16 Post by AlephX »

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/
Changes in this version:

- Different method of starting the alternate screensaver, in the hope it will work for more users.
- Added the "%SystemRoot%" folder to scan for screensavers.
- Added a "2003" test to filter out non-standard screensavers.
- Added zero to the choices in the "do not defrag if last run was less than ... hours ago" in the screensaver configuration window.
- Bugfix: if more than one disk was specified on the commandline, and the program was stopped by the user during any but the last disk, then the program would close the window, finish the current file, and start processing the next disk in the background. It will now close the window and finish the current file.
- Different method for determining the LCN of a file, in the hope it will fix a looping problem with compressed files during optimization.
- Made a change in the method used to defragment huge files to reduce the number of midway fails, and make it faster.
- Added debug level 6 for detailed gap-finding messages.
- The "Analyzing disk", "Starting defragmenter for", and "Finished" messages are now written to the logfile.
- For DLL users: Added a parameter to the ShowMove() callback.
- For DLL users: extra message 46.

Fluffy

#17 Post by Fluffy »

Updated, thanks!

Hank7

JkDefrag v3.6, JkDefragGui

#18 Post by Hank7 »

JkDefrag v3.6 is out now, and finally someone made an AutoIt GUI for it (haven't checked that for portability yet).

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/

Gary

#19 Post by Gary »

Hank7

Checked the JkDefrag GUI w/RegShot, and didn't detect any registry entries. Nice, elegant GUI, too...

--Gary

Hank7

#20 Post by Hank7 »

Thx for the info, Gary, and yes, it's a nice, clean interface.

Guess this is now a submission.

fromthesticks

New version of JK defrag (3.7)

#21 Post by fromthesticks »

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/index.html

Changes in this version:
- Commandline options are now accepted with and without a space between the option and the value, for example "-a3" and "-a 3".
- New "-e" commandline option to exclude files/directories.
- New "-f" commandline option to specify a size for the free area.
- New optimization method 6: Analyze, defragment, and move to end of disk.
- New setting in the screensaver for the status bar not to display filenames or not to display the status bar altogether.
- The logfile now shows a list of files in the status report that could not be moved, and a list of files that are (still) fragmented.
- The logfile now shows the date only once at the top of the file, no loner on every line.
- Fixed a bug for the "-l" commandline option that specifies a different location for the logfile, where the Windows version of the program would create a logfile at the default location containing only 1 line with "Starting, please wait...".
- Changed the screensaver's "Do not defrag if last run was less than" radio buttons into a pull-down list.
- Fixed a bug in the screensaver wrapper that made the preview window very slow.
- Fixed a bug in the screensaver wrapper that prevented screensaver with a space in their filename to run.
- Added code to the screensaver to prevent multiple copies running simultaneously.
- Added more code to the screensaver so it will not include itself in the list of alternate screensavers.
- Fixed a bug that would display the wrong name for screensavers that do not have a name.
- Removed the "2003" check when listing screensavers, the wrapper makes it possible to use non-standard screensavers.
- Added a test to quickly stop optimizing when there is nothing more to do.
- Enlarged a buffer to speed up the fragment analyzation.
- Small change in the code that reduces the number of fragments in huge files that cannot be fully defragmented.
- Changed the debug level of the "FSCTL_GET_RETRIEVAL_POINTERS error: Infinite loop" from zero to 2, so it won't always be displayed.
- Changed the debug level of the "Skipping gap, cannot fill: %I64d[%I64d]" from 3 to 5.
Changes in the DLL library:
- 2 extra parameters in the RunDefrag() call. 8)

AlephX

#22 Post by AlephX »

Database updated, thanks!

Hank7

JkDefrag v3.8

#23 Post by Hank7 »

AlephX

JkDefrag GUI 0.6

#24 Post by AlephX »

For the ones who use JK Defrag, as already reported in the Collection, there is a GUI Package for JK Defrag which is quite handy.

http://www.emro.nl/freeware/

Just a screenshot:

mrsyco

#25 Post by mrsyco »

Thanks Alphex, I prefer this alot compared to the normal JK Defrag. I love the way JK Defrag works, but sometimes I just want to analyze my HDD.

nycjv321

#26 Post by nycjv321 »

new version already out

"I prefer this alot compared to the normal JK Defrag. I love the way JK Defrag works, but sometimes I just want to analyze my HDD."
Its offers the same exact features u just need to know the command line switchs. the only difference is that the gui is much easier to use :) thats why i use it lol (and u have some other small features like transparency but that is just pertaining to the GUI)
u can also "just anylze" with the one built into windows except it doesnt look as cool :)

someone should contact the auther and ask him to make a GUI for Qemu

AlephX

#27 Post by AlephX »

nycjv321 wrote:new version already out

Its offers the same exact features u just need to know the command line switchs. the only difference is that the gui is much easier to use :) thats why i use it lol (and u have some other small features like transparency but that is just pertaining to the GUI)
Yes, you stress the point: the GUI does what you should do by command line! So, maybe in the collection entry, I would have to write: "this GUI is higly reccomended..." Anyway I think that any JKDefrag user will find this GUI really useful :)

Toxteth O'Grady

JkDefrag v3.9

#28 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Changes in this version:
- Added optimization methods for sorting files on disk by name, size, last access, last change, and creation time.
- Reduced the number of steps from 6 to 3.
- Added zoning to the Fast and Full optimization methods. Files are now placed in 3 zones with a free space between: directories, regular files, and space hogs.
- Added "-u" commandline option to add custom masks to the list of build-in SpaceHogs masks.
- Added a top-25 of largest files to the status report.
- Huge files (>4Gb) are now treated in segments.
- The versions now also detect if another version is running (windows, command line, screen saver).
- The Windows display idle timer (screen saver) and system idle timer (power saver) are disabled while JkDefrag is running.
For programmers:
- Many changes in the sources.
- Added an example Visual project.
- Library sources are now compatible with the UNICODE compiler setting.
- Changes to facilitate multithreading.
- Renamed the sources. There is now a JkDefrag.cpp and JkDefrag.h file for easy inclusion into a project.
- Integrated the DefragInitialize function into the RunDefrag function.
- Changed the StopProcessing subroutine, it now accepts a timeout.

USB_Kx

JkDefrag 3.21 Updated (08/30)

#29 Post by USB_Kx »

Last edited by USB_Kx on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

fromthesticks

updated again

#30 Post by fromthesticks »

and now 3.18 :P