It could generate strong password using a technology called Tabula recta from the keyfile you selected, which makes it different from other password generators.
Very cool idea. I thought of a few ways to explain this:
- Like a key file for all your websites that generates unique passwords
- Like a password storage tool: instead of saving the passwords to a single file, you have all your passwords connected to one file.
- A password recovery tool: if you use this to create all your passwords in the first place, you can go back and regenerate them if you lose your password list.
Maybe the best part is how you have incredibly fine-grained manual control over your security. Using the default settings is very secure, but at each step you get progressively more and more locked down (or paranoid):
- Encrypt the keyfile and then mount it with a password when you want to use it
- Enter in your username (as well as a master password) for more entropy
- Select password size and
- Even cloak both the keyfile and the password itself to prevent shoulder-surfing
- Ability to clear your clipboard after completion
- With a keyfile comes the ability to fully destroy your passwords
: Yes (saves no settings)Wishlist
- I'd actually like it optionally save some basic settings (e.g. specifically password length and type)
- Better explanation about how to hide the file inside of something else (it mentions an MP3, jpg, etc. on the site but I couldn't figure that out).
- Open source & cross platform. Could probably be built using PHP and a web browser.