yaP - yet another Portablizer

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
tproli

Re: yaP - yet another Portablizer

#31 Post by tproli »

; settings file for yaP v2.1
You can delete it, nothing special.
Maybe on a future release, you could add a setting to make yaP assume the icon of the exe its INI points too...
The problem is that NSIS doesn't allow that, or at least I don't know how to do that.

Yes, yaP is for lazy portable lovers :) If you have enough example setups you can easily portablize a new application, provided if you know how to check what to watch for.

Midas

#32 Post by Midas »

Trying to portabilize Winimage with yaP, but...
Midas wrote:I hit a major snag. Whenever I set the INI option "silentbatch=1", it kind of stops working -- the user_dict file doesn't get copied, and interface options are reset. It looks as if the batches need to open the console window to perform.
This problem is still stumping my portabilization efforts; so, if anyone has a hint of a solution, please post. :(

tproli

#33 Post by tproli »

There should be something with nircmd.exe - can you verify it is in "$TEMP\nircmd.exe" when yaP runs?
Otherwise cmd.exe is used, which does not fail according to your description.

Could you share the files/setup for project?

Midas

#34 Post by Midas »

tproli wrote:Could you share the files/setup for project?
Sure, here it is:

I am Baas

#35 Post by I am Baas »

L517 successfully yaPPed.

köszönöm szépen, tproli

I am Baas

#36 Post by I am Baas »

@tproli

I believe yaP v0.23 introduced a bug. I portablized L517 with yap 0.20 and did not encounter any issues but when I tried the latest 0.23 version, it fails to save the settings and delete the registry keys. Most probably UAC related.

tproli

#37 Post by tproli »

@YouAreBaas
I guess you did the same as I but here is my setup:
http://rolandtoth.hu/files/L517.zip

I can't test it on Win7 but on XP settings are saved (and restored) properly. The zip contains a *very special* noUAC build so you can check that too.

tproli

#38 Post by tproli »

@Midas
I guess I got it - if no rootdir was set in the ini, the default value was null. In all my setups I've set the directory "yaP" as the rootdir so I could not notice it.
Nice DOS thingies in the .bat files btw :)

Try this:
http://rolandtoth.hu/files/yaP_rootdir_fixed.zip

Perhaps this is the same issue that I am Baas has found.

tproli

#39 Post by tproli »

Last link updated. There was a logical glitch in it that could further deepen the global financial crisis.

Midas

#40 Post by Midas »

tproli wrote:There was a logical glitch in it that could further deepen the global financial crisis.
:lol: We sure don't want that to happen... :twisted:

tproli

#41 Post by tproli »

Any news? Did it fix the issue?

I am Baas

#42 Post by I am Baas »

tproli wrote:I guess you did the same as I but here is my setup:
http://rolandtoth.hu/files/L517.zip
Thanks for this, tproli. Yes, my setup is identical. L517Portable does not work. I run as limited account, have uac enabled and set to the max ("Always notify"). When launching L517Portable.exe, the application's interface will appear first and after a looooong second i will get the uac prompt (admin rights). Settings are saved to the registry. L517 does not require admin privileges to run so the issue must be with yaP (nircmd?).

The noUAC version works (settings are saved to the yaP folder and restored upon (re)launching L517Portable-noUAC.exe). The thing is that I still get the uac prompt after a very long second). That was not the case with yaP 0.20 (did not require admin privileges).
Last edited by I am Baas on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

tproli

#43 Post by tproli »

Thanks. Here is yaP 0.23 with the old nircmd.exe (2.37):

http://rolandtoth.hu/files/yaPs-old-nircmd.zip

If both version works then there's something with nircmd. They added "elevate" and "elevatecmd" commands in version 2.40, perhaps that has something to do with it.

I am Baas

#44 Post by I am Baas »

tproli wrote:Here is yaP 0.23 with the old nircmd.exe (2.37):

If both version works then there's something with nircmd. They added "elevate" and "elevatecmd" commands in version 2.40, perhaps that has something to do with it.
Well, I am afraid it does not work. This one seems to be even more broken:

- command line console is visible

- cannot find regedit.exe in system32 directory error message (it is in %windir% on my machine)

- Admin rights prompt

The noUAC version works but so did the previous one. I still get the prompt though.

Version 0.20 worked fine. No issues whatsoever. Maybe you should go through the changes to try and track the problem.

Midas

#45 Post by Midas »

tproli wrote:Any news? Did it fix the issue?
Sorry, I haven't been able to test this yet. I'm in the middle of moving laptops and coupled with a move to XP Pro x64, my usual tools went haywire. I will report back ASAP... :oops:

EDIT: Still had no opening to go back to my Winimage project (too complex...), but tested the yaP 0.23-fixed version with an easier target and everything seems to be working alright. 8)

Here's the result for DiMXSoft Desktop Lighter (link included): http://www.filedropper.com/yap-desktoplighter