Real time unattended mirroring utility

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
spicydog

Re: Real time unattended mirroring utility

#16 Post by spicydog »

... And if I may add something else (pretty exotic actually) to Ruby's feedback...

Try this:

- Place in BOTH source and target the same Office files
- Then in the source you edit them (you need to do this with Excel/Word windows in restored size so that you'll be able to keep an eye on both source and target folders at the same time... A dual pane explorer must obviously join the party!)
- The second you save them they sort of flicker and then disappear (as in gone for good) from the target folder :(

I suspect that there is something that our BlueFish does not really digest properly :mrgreen:

If anybody else would have the chance to carry out the same test and post here some feedback it would be really great... I would like to rule out certain other elements which are intrinsic to my system (the only one I currently have available for this type of test).

In other words, if certain weird things only happen to myself (and Ruby, as I understood)... Then probably there is still hope to see that happy fish in the systray :D

Thanks in advance and happy weekend to everybody

webfork

Re: Real time unattended mirroring utility

#17 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

Evidently FreeFileSync has that capability. I haven't tested it yet, but this might be informative:

You can get here from the FreeFileSync directory. Just run RealTimeSync.exe.