Opera Question?

Any other tech-related topics
guinness

Re: Opera Question?

#16 Post by guinness »

Yeh and I'm using AutoIt Portable too.

I've not received any complaints before about this issue so my suggestion would to be to re-install and is #include <File.au3> at the top of the script? What version of AutoIt are you using? There's a new beta that was uploaded today which has a ton of additions.

By the way did you understand the code I sent you?

Hydaral

#17 Post by Hydaral »

joby_toss wrote:Sorry for reviving such an old topic, but I also have an Opera related question.

I have a .txt file with about 100 urls (url/empty line/url/empy line, etc.).
Is there any way I can (quickly) open all these links, each in its own tab?

Note: I don't care if Opera can handle 100 opened tabs or not, this is not the question.
This will open the URLs in your default browser, run from the command prompt:

Code: Select all

for /f %a in ('type "urls.txt"') do start "" "%a"

joby_toss

#18 Post by joby_toss »

guinness wrote:Yeh and I'm using AutoIt Portable too.

I've not received any complaints before about this issue so my suggestion would to be to re-install and is #include <File.au3> at the top of the script? What version of AutoIt are you using? There's a new beta that was uploaded today which has a ton of additions.
Yes! That was it! I added "#include <File.au3>" as first line and it compiled beautifully! (I don't know why it wasn't there in the first place, as I copy/pasted your code! Strange!)
I'll update my AutoIt version, too (I have 3.3.6.1).
guinness wrote:By the way did you understand the code I sent you?
No...no way...I don't want to, really... Please, don't get mad! :)
Hydaral wrote:This will open the URLs in your default browser, run from the command prompt:

Code: Select all

for /f %a in ('type "urls.txt"') do start "" "%a"
Indeed it does! Thank you!

guinness

#19 Post by guinness »

No...no way...I don't want to, really... Please, don't get mad!
I'm not mad, though if you have AutoIt why not start having a go ;)

joby_toss

#20 Post by joby_toss »

I'd like to think it's because I'm too busy, but it might be because I'm too lazy. :(

joby_toss

#21 Post by joby_toss »

Another Opera related question: why didn't anyone tell me that there is a 64 bit flash version and a 64 bit Opera version?! :)
If it works OK, I don't think there is a way back! :wink:

guinness

#22 Post by guinness »

Just about to give this a try :) See the desktop blog as well >> http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/20 ... le-on-labs

freakazoid

#23 Post by freakazoid »

64-bit flash is experimental at the moment. I decided to revert back to the release version until 64-bit flash is stable.
is it stealth? ;)

guinness

#24 Post by guinness »

Is it me or does the Opera x64 build consume less memory? I know I have to test more thoroughly but my initial tests are showing a huge improvement compared to the current stable release (V11.60.)

joby_toss

#25 Post by joby_toss »

freakazoid wrote:64-bit flash is experimental at the moment. I decided to revert back to the release version until 64-bit flash is stable.
Did it crash on you? Mine never did. I put the file "NPSWF64_11_1_102.dll" in Opera's plugins folder. Seems to work "smoother" than the 32 bit version.
guinness wrote:Is it me or does the Opera x64 build consume less memory? I know I have to test more thoroughly but my initial tests are showing a huge improvement compared to the current stable release (V11.60.)
I don't usually check this because I don't care about how much memory a program uses, unless it slows down my system considerably. And yes, it seems much "sharper" compared to the stable release. But it might just be the fact that I started from scratch with a new profile.

Edit: hmm... I did the same using both (same tabs opened, same youtube clips etc.) and it seems to use half the memory that the 32 bit version uses (~300mb vs ~600mb)! :shock:

guinness

#26 Post by guinness »

Same, I always hear people complaining that Opera leaks memory but I have 4GB's to play around with so never really cared that much (OK yesterday it was at 1.4GB with 6 tabs open, but my system didn't struggle.) But for the purposes of testing the lab version I like to cover all bases.

tproli

#27 Post by tproli »

I got only 1GB memory and haven't got memory issues with Opera. I used FF and Chrome for a while as default browser and my system slowed down significantly. This is for 32bit of course.

SYSTEM

#28 Post by SYSTEM »

joby_toss wrote:
guinness wrote:Is it me or does the Opera x64 build consume less memory? I know I have to test more thoroughly but my initial tests are showing a huge improvement compared to the current stable release (V11.60.)
I don't usually check this because I don't care about how much memory a program uses, unless it slows down my system considerably. And yes, it seems much "sharper" compared to the stable release. But it might just be the fact that I started from scratch with a new profile.

Edit: hmm... I did the same using both (same tabs opened, same youtube clips etc.) and it seems to use half the memory that the 32 bit version uses (~300mb vs ~600mb)! :shock:
Actually 64-bit Opera uses more memory.

The explanation is that Opera 12 has hardware acceleration. When it is enabled, most graphics are stored in video memory instead of main memory.

Most task managers simply don't take video RAM usage into account.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

joby_toss

#29 Post by joby_toss »

SYSTEM wrote:Actually 64-bit Opera uses more memory.
The explanation is that Opera 12 has hardware acceleration. When it is enabled, most graphics are stored in video memory instead of main memory.
Very interesting point! Any way we can find out total memory used?

SYSTEM

#30 Post by SYSTEM »

joby_toss wrote: Very interesting point! Any way we can find out total memory used?
I'm not aware of any. :(
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020